Thursday, January 11, 2007

Thursday already!

How is this possible?
How can it be...
The week is almost over,
but it is just starting for me.

I finally have a moment,
where I am the only one in the house,
Where there is only one creature stirring,
which is the dog, not a mouse.

I have looked around my house and rooms,
and do not know which one to tackle first
I partly did the Pips room yesterday,
and it's still not done, although hers is certainly cursed!

The livingroom needs a vacuum,
and a full blown complete dust,
Although picking up the left over christmas presents,
Should surely be a must.

The kitchen table still exists,
in it's rather very large form,
But that is OK to me,
as it can remain the eye of the storm.

The floors need some attention,
All 1365 square feet complete,
That will not take me very long
As long as I am quick on my feet.

The bathrooms are another story,
I need a scrubbrush, or maybe two
Two sets of gloves, and probably a mask,
It is just very eeewwwww.

The kitchen is done, and I can not complain,
even after the morning rush has been through,
I'll swab the decks here, and move that there
And everything old will look new. (HA!)

The laundry room looks lovely,
all shiny and gleaming in white,
I gave it a workout yesterday,
and did laundry deep into the night.

But now for the basket, that sits waiting for me
The clothes piled as high as the sky.
I will drag it away, and start from the top.
I will not stop until the bottom of the basket stares back at me in the eye.

Another fine mess is still waiting for me,
One which I would surely like to avoid,
the front closet is full, of trinkets and such,
At this rate I could keep a housekeeper duly employed!

Today is a good day, to crack this mess,
and work hard to gather and file away junk
As tomorrow is Friday, and as luck would have it
The day following my work week will have begun!

1 comment:

Susan said...

Very nicely composed. However... If you would just get on with it instead of writing little ditties all morning.... LOL. Today I shall also be battling the dust bunnies. We cleared away the christmas stuff a few days ago, but now Its time to cleanup the derbris left in its wake!