Monday, January 29, 2007

In scrapping adventures.

I have been doing some scrapbooking the past couple of weeks. My style has changed. I am scared. It seems that my pages have not taken on the familiar "Deanna slap 'n' scrap" style that I am so fondly in love with. My latest scrapbook faze has left me with pictures, colour, more colour, rounded edges, some cut-outs, and the thoughts of matching some stickers... eventually. The one common denominator in this equation is the glue that holds it all together. I am the glueless slap and scrapper. I can say that my pages have taken on a little less organized appearance, in fact, a down right mess really.

I had great hopes of using some glue the other night when I invited myself over to the Mailman Debbie girl's house. I really tried to use glue. I even uncapped it. I watched her as she used her gluing techniques on her fancy scrapping style creativeness project. I think I may have even picked up my gluestick, and tried to copy her style, but gingerly placed it back on the table. I gave up and continued on my unglueable colour picture adventure. I am hoping that my unwillingness to glue will "will" it's way back, as for the moment I have pages of "slap and scrap style" sitting at the bottom of my pages in a "swack of crap pile".

I think I should probably just drink more... that could be the problem!

No comments: