Wednesday, January 03, 2007

Cleaning out the Cobwebs...

I have a number of cobwebs to be cleaned, but not the visible ones that house the eight legged creepy friends.

The cobwebs I am referring to are the left over scraps of paper from last year. The little pieces of information that somehow make your life easier at the time, but fail in keeping you organized once the year is over.

This includes:
  1. the calendars with notices pinned to them,
  2. paper bills that arrived in the mail,
  3. thank you notes that I have received ( and I of course have to keep),
  4. telephone numbers that have been saved with no names attached,
  5. magazines that have no use except for the one recipe stuck in the middle of it.. ( not for me ... for the husbandman!!!! )
  6. receipts from purchases long ago
  7. pay stubs
  8. the inbox with my millions of emails that need to permanently deleted!!!
  9. unfortunately all my used jokes,
  10. newspaper articles that need to be filed... somewhere....
  11. books that have to be returned to friends, as they probably don't even know they once owned the book
  12. compliling the list of notes written to myself about my ideas, thoughts and goals for this year, and place them in an orderly manner so that they are actually achievable rather than unretrievable from a failing memory..
  13. reluctantly unplugging the computer so that I can take it somewhere so the pictures can be retrieved by someone that has the ultimate in retrieving software
  14. figuring out dates on the calendar in advance so I know where all my money will be going on any given day, of course I will add in the dates where we actually get paid... that way I can see a smile on my face when I look in the mirror that would otherwise be a face of horror!
  15. sending emails to those that I have not spoken with in a while, someone has to make the first move, it might as well be me, as life gets busy, and we get forgetful of our friends that are far away, as the old addage goes "out of sight, out of mind".

Too much for one days work... but I will get there... as these cobwebs will only continue to grow if I leave them...

1 comment:

Carolanne said...

Keeping up with emails used to seem so simple but yet it can be one of the easiest things to forego. Even just a short email is probably better than none - perhaps I should get on to it.... Thanks for the reminder!