Wednesday, January 24, 2007

A date is a date

My friend and I had a date to get together tonight. Yahoo!

It was most interesting.

Before I even left..
I cut my hair, had a shower, changed my clothes twice, brushed the teeth, reapplied lipstick, and didn't bother with dinner. I am the queen of organization!

I arrived at the friends house and couldn't remember her house number, and then couldn't remember when her birthday was... not that it was important to remember her birthday, it's just that it happens in January... I just felt I should remember... because I remembered last year. Maybe I was temporarily confused by the piercing music coming from the new speakers in the Indigo Blue Mazda 5. I should have these speakers burnt out by next month, I am sure of it.
Anyways... off we went...

The table was too wobbly.
An art teacher from GULP many years ago recognized me.
We switched tables.
The people in the corner were obnoxious & loud. But then, that's what you get for a pub.
Texas Holdem was located in another section. YAE.
The waitress was overly perky.
Overly helpful.
Overly annoying.
Really.
I had to order something to munch on.
I never order zucchini sticks, but I did.
I live a life of great adventure.
A lone workman looking guy sat down at the table behind the friend.
It was only him and his cell phone for quite a while.
Even the perky waitress sat with him for a bit.
Then his cell phone connections started to work, and the connections found their way to his table, behind us. Now they were stupidly loud.
I switched from Apple to Pear Cider.
The friend had a complaint about my facial expression upon my first sip.
I enjoyed the Pear. I don't have a complaint about the Pear. It would have been a good pear, had I been able to eat it from the pear tree, so I would happilytake it in a glass too.
I didn't do a Pear explanation with the friend.
I even kinda forgot that I was now drinking her Pear Cider.
I laughed.
I laughed a lot.
I think my face hurts now.
All of a sudden we looked at the time.
My friend had to go, so I drove her back home.
I think she may have been frightened.
I wasn't, ... except when I got home, and realized how short my fresh cut bangs were!!

Anyways.. I am back at home now... listening to more Neil Diamond music.
It's exciting times here....

No comments: