Monday, December 12, 2005

Welcome to Monday Part 2

Little did I know this morning how the day would turn out. The day turned out fine, very fine indeed. I was a tad bit nervous about people showing up for the lunch. Something always manages to go amiss in these circumstances. I even managed to have enough gifts for all the people that showed up at the group today. Although, I did have to give up some of my christmas bags to some of them! ( I have great issues about gift bags..... and gifting them away!!!). I furthermore had enough of the christmas humour packages to hand around to everyone, with extra for those that couldn't make it today. I am even more amazed that I had enough time to whip over to the Senior's Centre to photocopy the group a lovely red and green package of papers before we met for lunch.

Also included in this mornings events was the realization that the Senior's Coordinator had asked me to do a report for our group for this morning, as she had a meeting at 10:00 with the Advisory Board. This is some advisory board... about twenty five people huddled in around long tables. All nodding and shaking their heads at the details that I hand out to them, when asked, like I was today. I realized this at 09:39. SHIT. I started off the letter with a great degree of enthusiasm.. "Season's Greetings"... that gave me momentum to start thinking and typing and at breakneck speed. I managed to have it emailed to the Sr's Coordinator at 10:01, so being the polite and responsible person that I sometimes am.. I printed off a copy of the report, and brought it with me to the centre. I then handed it to a person in "the next office", and asked her to drop it off.. because I couldn't do it in person... I would have been made to read it out loud. Can't have that!.... The Senior Advisory Board would have way more questions, than I would have answers... and I had to be someplace, like the date with the photocopying machine!

As the lunch passed people were asking me about whether or not that we would meet again before the holidays started.. I was hoping that the answer would be NO!, but that wasn't going to be the case... we all now have a date back at the Seniors Centre for next week... for an intense game of Majong, and some Christmas tune entertainment from a couple of people that play the piano..the Mr. Hamnsterson himself, and an intriguing person that attends the Sr's Centre, and myself. I have a hell of a lot of practicing to do before next week. The fellow that attends the Centre is a concert pianist, or so it seems. His hands pound out music like water that flows from a tap, it's that beautiful.

I will welcome in Tuesday with open arms, I have no place to be, with no requests for driving someone somewhere from the school, no christmas concert to attend, or additional help in the classroom... although I have the stalker sister that is going to want someone to attend her boys christmas concert... I can feel her brainwaves heading my way....

Speaking of stalking... I have managed over the last week to become quite the stalker, although I haven't had any success at my stalkingness. I keep driving through my friends parking area at her townhouse complex with the same book in the back of the truck. She may be home, but then again I do not recall her being a mole (as in living in the dark). I am teaching the boy the same ways, as he has been with me everytime I am whipping past... today he reminded me to take the turn through the parking lot... but of course again, we are coming home with the same book in tow. Perhaps it's not meant to be! Of course, I could be looking at the wrong house number as well, I have clearly demonstrated over and over again that I do not have a memory. Oh the pressures.

No comments: