Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Festivus.

There was a christmas party last night. I had all the intentions of going, and then I made a list of all the things that were required to go, and somehow this party wasn't so favourable to me afterall. Party list:
  1. Buy a gift under ten dollars. (I can do that)
  2. Bring a dish for the pot-luck dinner (Alright, I can do that too)
  3. Iron up my pants. (Attempt not to look like a hobo)
  4. Fluff up my sweater (Make it look like it is fresh out of my closet, not fresh from the bottom of my closet)
  5. Apply some perfume ("No scense makes good sense" at work.. I know these people will be bathing in it tonight.. might as well add to the competition)
  6. Realized that I had a wicked headache at 2:47 in the afternoon. (Ate some Tylenol)
  7. Started the boys laundry (bedding) at 3:45 PM. (No, it's not a party requirement, but the laundry had been put in the laundry room in the AM, but I of course totally forgot about it, and I had to get it done before the husbandman came home, otherwise that would be quite rude of me to ask him to finish it as I toodle out the door).
  8. Looked in the mirror around 5:15. (wondered who it was staring back at me)
  9. Contemplated making a dish for the christmas party. (Thought making soup for the girl out a can was already a lot of work)
  10. Called Mr. Husbandman at 5:50 and told him to not hurry home. (I was going nowhere, and if he could stop and buy a fresh turkey at the grocery store... because that was too much of an effort to try and buy today while I was out).
  11. Finally came to the conclusion that even with a smattering of brightly coloured lipstick and a wave of the curling iron for the "dreaded" locks was not going to help this party girl.
  12. Took more Tylenol at 7 PM, and sat in the living room and stared at the glowing Christmas tree.
  13. AAAhhhh... now that is festivus, for the rest of us!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The husbandsman is wearing off on you with his home-body-ness I think! Strange that you wouldn't want to attend a party full of the people you try to tolerate at work, just dressed differently and at a different locale. I somehow did the same for our workplace luncheon, but I spent less time thinking about attending mine.