Friday, November 30, 2007

So...with the kitchen adventures complete...

The King has moved to bigger and better ventures....since he has had a day of rest and all.

I liked the way he put up the kitchen light... during breaks in the hockey game.... if only he could have renovated in this fashion.... life would have been much easier on him.

He has decided to rebuild the mantle for the fireplace. He doesn't really like the fireplace anyways, and was hoping to rip it all down, and rebuild something in it's place. I politely asked him not to. PPPLLLEEAASSSEEE. It was a long please.... it could have even been understood as an angry please/plead.

I had to tell him the fireplace was fine, absolutely fine. Big breath in mr. Kingman..... OK, so he let that one go, but then insisted on the mantle. I am find with a new mantle... as he promised to rebuild it 10 years ago... so you know...I wouldn't mind one now. But I do not want to be construed as the instigator to the new mantle appearing.. I only agreed to it. (Not like I had a choice in that either...)

Besides.... I have to let him rest a month or two before he begins his next project.. but that could take a small while... as HE THE KING has to figure out what to do with all of his stuff in his garage, where he is intending on building the second family room.

I don't know why I call it a second family room... as the first one will not be used as a family room... as the king has decided that it will be under lock and key, AND... will require an invitation to sit in "the old family room". The KING and his plans...they are so mighty... but the rest of us will wear him down quickly....and his thoughts of grandure will be put to rest.

No comments: