Friday, November 09, 2007

Friday files...

This week has been beautifully sweet.

No running around like a crazywoman.. (although the hair doesn't reflect that fact), no panicked committments to uphold... it has been lovely. I didn't manage to even do all the laundry....and I have no idea why... but you know what... I DON'T CARE!!!!

So earlier....

I bought the dog a bone. I have felt rather sad for her... as she has started a love affair with an old bone that has sat outside for the longest of times.. and she marches around the house with... which has us all wincing... as she narrowly misses all the fresh new walls around this place. So now... she is scraping away at her lovely new friend... it's almost like living in the dentist chair having your teeth cleaned... except the noise isn't coming from inside your head, but rather from the livingroom, where her cage is.

The girl and I went to a movie. We were going to see the B.Movie.. but at the very last second she spotted another movie that she wished to see... in fact I don't even know the name of it.. something to do with a football player that has a daughter show up out of the blue. It ended up being a very cute movie, and we ate popcorn for dinner.

I plucked colours from the colour rack thingy from Home.Depot earlier. It was a stat visit. I had already spent time at the Benjamin.Moore paint place today, and yesterday.. and still didn't manage to come up with colours. Well, I came up with colours... just not the colours that I wished to have...I think I got it right the third time around now.

My friend came over. She was wowed by the change in the house. She didn't believe that it would have looked so different. I think I am used to it now... well except for the fact that I keep opening up the wrong drawer to find cutlery. I haven't even unpacked any of the kitchen stuff from the garage yet.... it is all deeply hidden out there somewhere...

I took the boy to get a videogame. I told him I wasn't going to pay for it, so he brought his wallet. He is such a sweet guy, so tall, genuine, handsome, witty... but not strong.. he managed to drop his wallet, which sent his $200.00 that he is packing around flailing about. I wish him "enough" in the smarts department.... but I think his lovely blue eyes, and dark eyelashes will get him where he needs to go..... as he won't be able to hang onto money. I think the next visit is to the bank.. he needs a bank card.

I had about four hairstyles today. I didn't really do it on purpose... it just happened that way. I have to admit... all the ways were not exactly exciting, but when your hair controls who you are, then you have just let some things go. I particularly enjoy chatting with people that have just come from the hair salon.. as I did earlier while I was waiting for the PIP from her swim club. So there's this woman perfectly coiffed... and then me... slightly psychotic me... with hair to match. So the whole while we are having a conversation, I am having a secondary one in my head. "For crap sakes Deanna!!!!..... why do you insist on this hair controlling you... ??... see her hair.. she wants a change, she gets it cut...." and on and on it went.

well... it must go read a book... has anyone read "the kite runner"....? it's coming out in the movies, and I keep picking up the book to read, and never do....

No comments: