Thursday, November 15, 2007

A day late... but not.

I flipped up this page yesterday. I had many things to write, but got called away. It seems that I neve made it back here.... I am sorry to my loyal three readers. You are special people, thanks for coming back!

so.. the reason for my extreme writing need...

I am this "volunteer walk leader" .. or so the people say I am. Yesterday I had one person call and cancel, as she had a cold. I show up to do the walk... and I felt like I was loitering about the building. It was only me and my shadow that arrived for the walk today. It's a drop in thing, so if people do not come... well, they just don't come.

I wondered what I should do...

I left, and didn't walk down the trail. I am glad about this.. I went over to the Town Centre Stadium and joined the walking people there. I have walked there many times before... and came to the realization that I really like walking around this oval rubberized track. Yes I do. It seems kind of boring to walk in circles, but you know.. if you are out for the exercise of walking, with no thought process involved, this is the place to visit. Now, you do not get the same smells as you would walking through the trails, with the fish spawning, and dew drops falling, but in the whole scheme of life... I don't think they missed me. I was just extremely excited to walk as fast as I could, and not worry about puddles, slugs, hidden roots and dead rodents. (I saw this once on the trail).

It was a very exciting experience... again.

No comments: