Thursday, November 01, 2007

Let's go for another....

The girl has no school today. Which is why I am here. I have time to type. Well, not a lot of time, but enough time to jot down some thoughts, comments, weirdities and assorted events.

OK, so the boy was completely put out that the girl has no school. He was kind of freakish about it really, that "the little babies" can't handle staying up late. "Yes, that is right Mr. Nightowl, they can't," I said to him. He told me he wasn't going to school. I wished him good luck on that part. He very reluctantly got up this morning, got himself ready, and was almost out the door when the princess called from across the street. Her dad was giving her a ride to school today. I almost didn't think anything otherwise, as she went out as Paris.Hilton last night for halloween and walked around in 3 - 4 inch heels. Poor Paris, being driven in a domestic vehicle...

In other big ticket items of the day:

I have a full compliment of assorted lightswitches, plugs and dimmers installed in my kitchen now.There is enough lights in this space to almost believe that we live next door to the sun. Bare in mind that our kitchen once upon a time had ONE light fixture installed in the centre of the kitchen. OH, I lie.. another flourescent tube thing above the sink with that weird glass. GAWD.. I am such a lying liar double lying lady....

OK, but now I am not... I kid you not people... the SUN lives in my home, and I am at the mercy of making it shine or not.

So ya....

More random thoughts....

The sister told me she was dressing up for halloween. OK. Have fun with that. I did not even fathom for a second that she was completely dressing up. Someone knocked on my door yesterday, into the late afternoon... it was a Jack Sparrow and Harry Potter. They were very cute, and I welcomed them inside... (on any other day they would commonly be known as "the mitchy and lexy"... or, the nephews. Anyways.. I see this blond haired woman scampering across the front lawn carrying a pumpkin.. and I think ... "who in the heck is that?".... and that's when it dawned on me.. it was the sister. HOLY CRAP did I howl. So there's the sister dressed in a bright turquiose poodle skirt, a white shirt, a blond wig, pink scarf, black rimmed glasses, and saddle shoes. She was a scream. I couldn't stop laughing. Actually neither could she when she handed me the Millecicinthe costume to put on. She said it captured my true nature.... especially when I started yelling at a guy to slow down on our street. The sister said to me.. "how can he take you serious in that get up Deanna..... think about it"... So true.

Oh this has been so luxurious to sit down and write random thoughts... absolutely luxurious. I am even drinking a cup of coffee while doing so... I have so many thoughts to spill.. I only hope that I can retain the images for me long enough to write them... but for now I must start my traintrack ritual... and get out in the real world to do things... it's almost as if I was riding in first class this past hour........

2 comments:

Chastity said...

She was Paris Hilton?? You must post pics!

Anonymous said...

Well I saw your sister in person....and she was a hoot! Loved the costume!!! She told me she wasn't going to get you to dress up....we HAVE to see photos!!!