Tuesday, November 13, 2007

the girl and I

That girl of mine. I always say that, for as long as I own the girl... I will always say that. Oh well. My life is boring. God.

Anyways... she tells me she has homework, and clearly states that "dada" will be helping her with her homework, as it's math, and he always does the math with her.

Last week she got a sucker from the teacher, as the teacher stated she was so proud of her. She was the only child in the class that understood the concept being discussed, and the girl got all the questions right that the teacher asked of her in class. This is big news here people.

On the other hand... the husbandman stood for hours in the kitchen with the girl... and discussed the math questions. I could hear dialogue and conversation for a great long time.

If the tables were turned and I would have been helping the PIP.. a psychotic event would have ensued, and we would have had a ritual math textbook burning.. I just know it.

This afternoon I ASKED the PIP if I could help her with her homework. Yes,... I asked her. Almost like an intervention really... I asked her for five minutes. I was quite happy when she agreed to letting me help her. Thank the lucky stars for me.. it was only multiplication... yes.. real math... real things that I could actually help her with. But then things took a downturn when she couldn't write her numbers in straight columns and then insisted that only "dada" could help her.

He eventually made it home... and they created math columns together.. in great straight lines. A miracle...

No comments: