Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Have a good summer!

That's what I said to our school friends in June. From there we toodled off for a vacation and adventures to places and things to who and what knows where. Last Friday it was holiday time all over again. As we left for the Thanksgiving Day longweekend, we were made aware that come Tuesday, there would be no school. I'm OK with that. For the moment we are having a little impromtu holiday/break from regular scheduled school life. The rain will be arriving this afternoon... and the holiday to hell will begin as the troops get restless within these little walls closing in around them. Hopefully I have a plan of attack in place....

The Boy has started a novel. I have read the first page of dialogue and it curiously mimics real life in our little 1365 square foot home. I love the title of the book... "From atop a Haybale". Written by the nonfarmer boy. I will be seeking a publisher for him... very quickly, of course after I can get him to capitalize things like names, and not descriptive words like "he had Green Eyes".... and other small issues such as that.

The lovely Pipster on the otherhand is a whole different game. She did have a clean room last night until the stapler fell to her floor, and hit the barbie village that she had set up. Of course at that point she kicked the barbies around and created a little bit of barbie hell in her bedroom. This morning we have a whole new Pip and a whole new bedroom. I only await what is in store for me.

I will continue to document the nonscheduled summer holiday via my digital camera.... for what reason I do not know. Probably because I can.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'm tired of holidays! They've had enough....I want them to go back....now!!!!