Wednesday, October 12, 2005

The feast and the King

I will stop writing/fantasizing about wanting a new kitchen,for me, it's all about the look. I have had it spelled out to me that I do not require one. As luck would have it, the King just happens to need a kitchen, so I am thinking that I will get a new kitchen floor to at least wash.

We had a little feast the other day, for the Canadian version of Thanksgiving. I was allowed in the kitchen for all of 15 minutes before I was asked to leave. I did accomplish the task of making a strawberry spinach salad. I was just about to embark upon preparing my next dish when I was cut short. The King spoke and commanded that I leave HIS kitchen. "What about my dish that I want to make?" I asked him. "You are far to messy for me, and have to leave.. I have real things to accomplish" he said to me.

A while later I was on the phone with my lovely mother... and she had said that my aunt hoped that The King wasn't going to a great deal of trouble to have them all over. I told the King that.. and he said the "great deal of trouble" would have been if we would have let Deanna in the kitchen.

I have a small secret to share... when we first got married I decided to change the tune of time, (after yers of watching/assisting my mother) and declared stupidity in the kitchen... luckily the husbandman was listening, and decided that his fate was left in my hands.. so he took the job upon himself to create the cuisine that was partial to his pallat... and he has never stopped. This includes clean-up as well. The King is beyond organized and tidy while cooking his kitchen. It scares me. I will never know his secret.. since I do not spend a great deal of time there.

No comments: