Monday, October 31, 2005

Apparently the biggest day of the year...

If you are a candy lover.

Pip has been waiting for this "the greatest day of all" to arrive for a while now. She loves this whole "let's get dressed up and walk up to strangers doors for a smidgeon of candy". It's her thing, and she takes great pride in seeing how well she can do it.

And... because I rank highly in the kitchen of favourites.... I sent a lov ely package of reduced fat oreos for the big party in her class today. I am very kind. I saw other mothers walking with wrapped items, made with love, care and perfect ingredients. But, I have to say, I also have witnessed what children do to the items that have been made with great attention to detail, and warm and loving thoughts... we all know that they reach that magic round bin in the sky. So, I believe that I saved myself the time, fretting and anguish over a couple of non-decorated cookies.... enjoy people.

1 comment:

Nan said...

Did all the usual Hallowe'en decorating and it was pointed out that I forgot to get candy..duh!

Had to run to the store, where I was informed that Hallowe'en was the biggest sales day for hotdogs!

We're having chili for dinner tonight, our family tradition on Halloween, even if it's 80 something degrees outside. :)

Actually, it's been in the 40's, not bad for October in Alabama.

Happy Hallowe'en!