Thursday, July 12, 2007

Now that the keyboard has stopped sizzling...

I can type!

It's always fun to talk about yesterday, as yesterday was yesterday, something to talk about, and something to remember. Yesterday was too hot to talk about, write about, think about. Today is much cooler. Thank you mother nature & her airforce team.

WELL....much to write, little time to contemplate what order to put it in, so what do I like to do best... but create a list:

  1. First of firsts... I went to the dentist yesterday. I love that place! Not only because yesterday of all days I got to sit in an airconditioned room for an hour and a bit while the chicklets and myself had teethy things done, but this is the place where they have magically made the crooked teeth disappear. Every couple of weeks I return to what normally is a vile place to visit, has actually turned in a smiling temple for me. This retainer thingy that I wear in my mouth generally when I am by myself, (as I can not talk with it in, as it constantly reminds me of the Seinfeld episode of Kramer walking down the street with pennies in his pockets), has done it's job perfectly. As of today I when I roll my tongue along my front teeth, it almost slides across without feeling a depression in the front teeth. I know this slick smooth feeling as I have felt it not once, but twice before. I am hoping that this is three times lucky. AND.. as much as that boy of mine would wish that I wouldn't turn this around into a learning lesson, but it prooved to him that he must continue to wear his retainer.
  2. Peanutbutter and raspberry jam on wholewheat with a pink plastic cup of orange juice. This is a breakfast with staying power.
  3. The electrician came by this last weekend, and finished the job. I thought he was never going to return to get our job done. I first talked to the fellow on April 26th. Even the husbandman was giving up hope that he would never come and do the job. I finally asked the husbandman... does this guy know that "you" are renovating your home, and only you. Then I asked him if he actually agreed to doing whatever the electrical job was.. because I was getting pretty doubtful that the guy was going to come and do it, even as a side job. The husbandman was patient, because he knew that the electrical guy was a good guy, with many incidentals that happened along the way... but now it is done, and we can move forward.
  4. I need to go grocery shopping.. for what I am not certain, as when it is hot... what do you eat.. (other than # 2 from above)? Well, I have solved that problem.. since the fridge is kinda empty, and I really do not know what to put in it.. I cam up with the concept of filling it with bowls of jello, which is something that I just went and did. Certainly someone will think that I am in love with their souls enough to leave jello in the refridgerator. A marvelous idea. My idea from a couple days ago was to fill the freezer with "actual orange juice" popsicles.. which everytime they ask for one.. I mystersiouly say "sure!". I don't have any orange juice left mind you... but that is OK, it was getting drunk while it sat in the fridge.
  5. After many OCDish thoughts of what to do with the silly catdog yesterday in our extreme heat.. she went along and screwed up the whole thought process. I wished I wouldn't have obscessed for so long. Not long after we left our little hot homestead yesterday afternoon, did she wonder into the boys bedroom, where the door was left open, and the wind promptly shut it behind her, locking her in. Fortunately for her and us, the sun does not shine in through his windows in the afternoon, and the window was open. BUT.. all the planning on what to do with her went out the window... like the fan perfectly positioned to blow on her as she sat on the green leather couch. Catdogs.. what do you do with them? She is certainly not one that we can toss into the backyard, or put in her safe kennel in the backyard as well, only because it was too hot. I would never have considered shutting her into the boy's room.. but that is exactly what happened, and since she doesn't seem to speak a word of english (except when her humon "idiot" friends decided to speak her mind for her...)... we haven't seen any complaints from her.
  6. Walking group... must quickly brush, clean, tie, then fly.. if I wish to make it on time. Today we are walking the shade route... aaaaahhhhhhh.

2 comments:

Wind Blossom said...

Oh, the electrician was "slow"...sorry about that. Glad the job is done now!

Susan said...

Thank goodness it has cooled down. The other day, I couldnt stand having the computer on, it felt like a heater!
Glad there is good news on the dentist front. I still have bad dreams about my teeth falling out, and I have had good dental experiences. If I had lived through your toothy ordeal, I would be a basket case!
Please share more about this electrical job. Is it kitchen related?