Thursday, July 26, 2007

Alongday...

The chicklets headed off to Sasamat Camp today for the "long day of camping". In the regular world of camping, it wouldn't be considered a long day of camping, but for day campers it just is. They have come back tired and happy... a success story in the world of day camping.

In other things that happened during the day.....

  1. Went for Sushi with the sister... shhhhh.. nobody has to know... especially since I went yesterday as well.
  2. Bought the boy some new sandals, since his soles are falling off. Not bad really considering they were left over from last year.
  3. Went through the girls room. She actually has a bedroom floor. I was not aware of that fact. She even has a closet that is functional again, and not stacked with almost every toy that she has owned since birth. Eventually the sister came over and helped, and then the husbandman got roped into helping. It is now an unbelievable sight.
  4. I chopped my flowers in my front baskets across the fence. The petunias were looking good until the week worth of rain arrived. Now they are clumps of green with pink non stop begonias blooming for colour. I fed them for good measure.
  5. I still can't get over the "ruthless" approach to cleaning the girls room. The sister said to me that "I was the one stuck with the mess when they turn 21 and we still have all the incredible amount of junk that I was stuck keeping".
  6. I stopped by the camera place because I thought that my camera was kind of broken from dropping it in the sand.. WELL... I found out the cause... I think the little missy Pipster messed with my settings, thus WRECKING the chances for great photo ops. I would never have looked at my settings, only because I am the chief operator of the camera on a regular basis... and did not know that the missy has messed with my little piece of happiness. This wrecks all great thoughts of replacing my little digital with the great CANON that I crave. Selfish YES.
  7. I need to buy the sister a gift for helping me out with the crazy girls room. She was the "evil voice of reason"... the one that reminded me that I would be left with hourds of junk if I continued to keep her stuff. I have to say that all of her books from kindergarten to Grade 4 are now gone. The little Missy Pipster was upset for about 30 seconds.. I did have a wave of anger/sadness that came through.. and then all of a sudden she was most pleased that her room had been renovated heavily, and without her trusty assistance. We did leave one box of babies to go through, so that she can say good bye to them, and we can send them to the thrift store. I wish we would of had a garage sale, but then that would mean that I would have to be off on a weekend, and that would be silly since I work weekends. ICK!
  8. Today it was an amazing walking group... the number has jumped to THREE. We walked with THREE people. I think I have bandwagon jumpers here.
  9. I bought the husbandman a battery today. He will be thrilled, since it is a battery for a calculator that he is in love with.. He thought he was going to throw the "solar paneled" calculator out.. and I said.. " no wait... I think I can get it fixed!!!!" And I did just that. I am an amazing wife.
  10. I deserve diamonds along with the new kitchen. I am blessed!

No comments: