Wednesday, July 18, 2007

An Earl Grey moment.

For this hour it's an Earl Grey moment. I have added just the right amount of Vanilla, with a splash of milk, and the teabag has been steeped to perfection. Now the sipping starts. It is an early morning tastebud explosion, although it's not that early now, but that's OK. This moment will not last for long, because as soon as we leave the house I will be wanting some coffee. I just know that will happen, as it has happened before... The Earl soothes the soul; let's you believe that one lives in the land of calm, where fluffy clouds sway in the sky and butterflies twitter. The coffee snaps me back in to reality world where I can watch the rain beat on my windshield, and know that the traffic will be ugly today.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Someone get her a coffee quick. Your mellowness makes me uneasy! I dont know this woman anymore!
I think it must have more to do with the thought of kitchen cabinets looming on the horizon than the tea!