Friday, July 06, 2007

I think summer vacation has started.

WE are going to the beach today. It is a great beach, if you don't mind little shells upon the sandbars. The wind blows cooly throughout the day, so even if it is hot out, you don't really notice. The chicklets are going with their cousins, they always go together.

This doesn't feel like summer vacation yet mind you, as Tues, Wed, Thurs were all met with obligations! I have been to the grocery store/some kind of store everyday this week because I guess we have ran out of things, and I, with the "no memory" issue keep forgetting things. I could write them down, however the reason that I do not is the fact that the things purchased are random items that I think about while doing other things.

I bought a new "slow growing" shrub for the front of the house yesterday. What I really need to buy is a large ceramic pot that is black, but I didn't find that, except for the little round shrub that was $5.97. The front of my yard is looking quite empty and blank, much to happiness, and sadness. I don't have the colonies of ants roaming everywhere, and I don't have the mess of large bushes to keep pruning, and I don't have the constant thoughts of how overgrown everything is despite the pruning, and I don't have the thoughts of how I am going to change it. Now all I have are the thoughts of what can I do to make it look nicer while I wait for the kitchen to be accomplished, and then the front of the house rebuilt. OCD at it's finest some days.

That girl of mine went swimming yesterday. I was very happy for her. Five and a half hours in total. What a chick... I delivered her and a friend at the pool, and picked them up at 3:45, and then by 5:30 I asked if she would like to go swimming again, (as if it was some kind of new fangled revelation), and she happily screached she would. This time she swam from 6 to 8, with the exception of some deck sitting time with her friend, which the other Mrs. Debbie and I equally then said to the girls.. back in the pool. that to me is summer vacation, endless hours of swimming about.

The boy of mine got hired out for "childminding" the past two evenings. What a character. I gave him some pointers about what a good childminder does, and doesn't do. ( I had to encourage him about OWNING the remote )... that this doesn't happen while "childminding".

Little Miss Ellpee is going to think that we have abandoned her today. When we leave, we are going to put her in her outside kennel. It's a fairly large space for her to run about in while we are away, as well as a place to keep her safe. I would like to just leave her in the yard, but with her chronic state of dingbatedness she would do something silly and more than likely hurt herself while we were gone. Hopefully leaving her in her kennel will curtail dingbat activities.

I am thinking of taking an umbrella (used for rain) to the beach. The sister has an umbrella used for sun that we always bring.. but utilizing the rain umbrella will give me that extra buffer of not getting scorched while at the beach, AND even though I will apply sunscreen, I generally forget some random spot, and then yikes! I have to work the next two days, and I would like to do it in some semblance of peace. Last year I burned the top portion of my foot where the cover of my sandle had been, so it was just a strip, but a painful strip at that!

I will go and give my flowers a drink before I leave. I keep feeding them everytime I water them. I try to get the biggest bang for my buck... If I pay for flowering plants, then I freaking want them to flower. .... A LOT!

OH.. and the blogger situation hasn't changed... I continue to google blogger, which comes up with a blogger sign in, and then I try and sign in from that page, which gives me an error message, and then I repeat that process, and then .. whala!!!! my blog magically appears, perhaps I should email the blogger people directly rather than let the world know, as so far I have not had a solution to the "time consuming" problem.. which keeps me away from trying to get on here and randomly speak of useless inklings.

OH,,.. and useless inklings.. if I can find a spot in the car, I am going to bring my "film" camera today.. hopefully I will get some photos with it.. that is if I remember how to use it.

2 comments:

Susan said...

Hope you all have a great time. Yesterday we had a day hanging around the pool with a whole gaggle of cousins. Then a BBQ for supper, after swimming for hours, even the little ones had huge appetites!
Have Fun!

Chastity said...

Oh summer has def. started for us...it's been like the center of the sun kinda hot here for a long time now...can't stay away from the pool!!