Sunday, June 11, 2006

Sunday soundoff....

I was going to word this as the Sunday round-up, but I think I do not have many words in me... well, at least not as many as the three trillion word post from the other day. I mean... I could really come up with some stuff, if I felt so inclined.. but I kinda do, and kinda don't. Then again, once I start clicking and clacking, who knows what can come spilling out.

These are kind of shower thoughts actually, you know the endless streams of thoughts that pierce your brain, as the water hits your body?

Some things that I have been thinking about lately, but failed to find any importance to write it down until now, and yes, since it is coming from me, it won't be earth shattering show stopping news, come on people.. it's me for crap sake.

My friend asked me a couple of weeks ago, if I wanted to finish my degree. I would like to very much, but I am not going to. This bothers me, I feel that I haven't completed something I started, but then, the college didn't offer a degree program, when I completed my program... which was an eternity ago now... but it doesn't bother me enough to finish. I am not certain that I am going to reap the economic benefits that a degree would offer me. I am not prepared to write papers for professerly people, and pay an institution to do it. It isn't going to make me who I already am in life. Besides, I am kind of very nuts now, I can't imagine tackling the personalities involved in higher eduation. However; that doesn't mean that I do not want to learn. I am very much willing to fulfill desires in an artistic form, like figuring out how my camera works some days, and throwing paint on a big canvas, or hauling out my pencil set. I think I would like that very much.

In other exciting news....

I went for a walk after dinner tonight... I kind of snuck away. Everybody was caught up in their Sunday evening activities... I went ahead and did something on my own... but now I am glad... as I got to see the three bears... I should be glad that I didn't have a bowl of porridge with me, I might have been in trouble. I was thinking though... I miss crazy bear very much. Last year, as I made my trek up to Minnekhada, I looked very forward to seeing crazy bear blazing about the fields, roads and forests... I am wondering if he is still in this life, or now that he is a year older, he is also a year slower, at any rate I miss the big black blob of a crazy running bear.

Ahh... I have made it past the 8000 airmile mark. I should be closer to 9000 in a short while, as Safeway just had a coupon book out this past month, and I made good work with that little baby. I racked up on the airmiles. I am still a little stunned on the fact that I did spend fourteen dollars on four bags of salad... but it was a "supreme bonus" special, and you ended up with an extra 50 airmiles.. so I figured .. it might have been worth it.... now I just have to remember to use up the bags of salad. It's fun being an idiot!

The vinegar and dishsoap weed/ant deterent seems to have been a bit of a success. The weeds are not looking too healthy now, with that lovely dose of vinegar drained down their stems, everything has gone a good "say hello to death brown", almost over night! Evil in all it's finery.

I had a bit of a lapse here, so all the brainwaves have stopped momentarily.. although I got to talk to my friend for a bit! I am going to have to wrap up the Sunday soundoff for tonight.. it's getting close to late, and the snoring man has made his way to the bedroom... now people might think I would be looking for action here, at my swift departure.. but really it's to get in while the getting is good, and the earplugs still have a chance to battle the snoring king... but not that I am complaining....

No comments: