Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Back here on the farm....

The world is swimmingly fine. The husbandman's bad chest has settled down, and so has the silly catdog's appetite for garbage.

In other news of from yesterday:

I cut the lawn yesterday, and I had to only take one pass at it. The husbandman filled me in that the lawnmover blade wasn't dull, but rather it was the grass catcher giving me all my grief. I said good-bye to the grass catcher. However; while busily cutting the lawn, I only found 3 ant hills this time, compared to the 6 from last time. So, being the cruel human that sometimes I have to be... I stomped on them. OK, not once but at least 10 times. Then I took a rake to their great formations, and flipped all kinds of sand, larva and ants everywhere. I should have about 2 dozen ant hills by next week, I am thinking.

I only cut the lawn eventually, when I had ran out of productive things to do indoors. You would have thought it was exam time.. I found many useless tasks to perform on the great indoors... before eventually making the trek to the shed.

Once I was outside I found another great many things to do. I found my misplaced spray bottle and started the deadly vinegar and dish soap concoction. I am not sure what it might be deadly on.. because the morning glory and the clover didn't seem to fussed by it (from last week), and are all sitting bolt upright being all tangled and green. I took matters into my own hands ... and eventually started ripping out the mass of mess. This lead me to moving a huge wall of wood cores, so I could get at the old bricks that were stacked up. I wanted the bricks so I could lay them in front of the doorway to the shed. The husbandman is going to have a bird when he sees what I have done... but, it's all good... I will tell him it's a temporary measure for the moment. This is to combat the the lawnmower being wheeled through the sand that now sits all around the front entry of the little shed. I wont even begin to tell anyone who did that... but, I will add that this method has now stopped the dirt from flicking up on the cute little house when it rains.

In other monumental tasks...

I went scrapbooking with the Debbie's last night. Well, I had full intentions of arriving early, and leaving early... as the mailman Debbie had to work too early to even mention in cold hard letters. But she is a troooper, and invites us over anyways. As usual ... something runs amuck in the little 1365 squarefoot homestead.. and I couldn't leave, OK, leave with a clear conscience that is. I could have left... but the husbandman wasn't home until 6:40... and I had already had one incident with a garbage eating dog... I didn't want to chance another episode of something happening while my back was turned. But, all was good... when I had made it down their, the Debbie's were still outside, enjoying the evening air. I have to say.... it becomes all production, production, production when the work actually starts... I guess to make up for lost time. I threw together four pages for the boys scrapbook, one Debbie did six, and the other Debbie ... I can't tell you.... he he he he he he.

Included in yesterdays events were:

One garbage can emptied, and the floor all around it and beyond washed.... (this was due to the illegal coffee grounds put in the garbage, there should be hell to pay for that misconduct.. by the non-composting husbandman himself) 3 loads of laundry, washed, folded and put away, dishes and counters cleaned off all shiny like..., the living room all cleaned and dusted, the plants watered, mirrors washed, bathroom tidied, television screens and cabinets washed, piano songs practiced, one garden weeded, and the highlight... I finally watered my flowers outdoors.. I am not sure who I was expecting to do that.. I was so used to rain, that I forgot to water, and last but not least, one psychotic event to the grocery store with the chicklets.. and interesting enough... the very second we all waltzed up to the till... everybody was normal again. You have to laugh at that. Yes, I am certain there should have been a huge final exam included in the very end of this....

At the end of the day.... I read my book for a while, with my bedside light that just doesn't cut it in the wattage department....I am glad to say that my light went out after the Hamsterson finally turned his light out.. I am not sure if that was before or after the 11:00 news... my crazy boy.

2 comments:

Susan said...

I am relieved the catdog lives to see another day. Dont you love it when you get time to really make everything nice. Now dont get grumpy when you find the weeds grow back and the dust reappears!

Mr Fix It said...

Samsung washer leaking from bottom