Thursday, June 22, 2006

Downward swing.

My productivity quotiant is down today. I have managed to successfully curl my hair. Beyond that, I haven't accomplished much. Although I have tried, and I did venture forth with great intentions and a huge amount of enthusiasm. I thought I had a laundryroom colour all picked out. Then, when I went to make the ultimate decision... I questioned my judgement. Now I am going to see what kind of input the husbandman has, although I am worried, (as he still had the suggestion of yellow for the laundry room, which is a nice colour.. if we hadn't bought a mottled green countertop).. if he isn't worthy of an opinion, I will set forth on my own.

I am currently on hold for any type of yard work. With the laundry room out of commission, it is making laundry difficult. Which really, is fine by me. Of course with the exception that I am running out of articles of clothing.. because why would I get changed out of everyday wear.. when I could change into junk clothing... that would have to take some extra thinking.. something of which I am not capable of...but I am good at doing laundry...so the yard work comes to a grinding halt... until after school today actually.. I have to be at some sort of story adventure in the PIP's class. So, while my hair is still on the side of being manageable and presentable, I will not make my way out to the yard.... and I can't say that many times in a year either...

I was going to buzz out and collect groceries.. but then I caught the thought that if I try and buy anything that needs freezer time, I probably wouldn't make it back in time to put it away.. and then of course I have the whole walking issue to contend with... it is nice out, so we walk. My tractor driving neighbour has been howling at my OCDish traits... he asked my what my repulsion was in driving to school. It's nice out.. I want to walk, and walking is good for us as it increases the blood flow through our bodies, which wakes us up, and helps us to think. AAANNNDDDDD..... we shouldn't have to drive, if I am not planning on going somewhere immediately after I drop the chicklets off.... so I will continue to let him laugh at me, it's all good.

So yesterday.... was prune the plant/bush day. I filled our green waste container, which is also part of the reason why I can not move ahead with yard work.So now, I can see perfectly out of our living room window again. It's good, but scarey... only due to the fact that we have a rather high population of birds, who seem to like to duck and dive through open spaces, which my windows are not, but they do not know that, until they hit the wall of death. On that thought.... the pruning went well, I only found one bird skeleton lying in the bush that I was busy pruning. OK, it kind of grossed me out... but I am glad that I didn't have my electric trimmer thing clipping up bird carcases... at least I saw it first, and then quit clipping.

And finally... it's funny how things happened. Just yesterday in the morning, I think on our walk to school, the chicklets and I were talking about going to Playland amusement park. It's a fun place, to only visit maximum once a year. The PIP was pretty excited, but I told her to calm down... we wouldn't be going any day too soon. BUT.. as it turned out, I was highly incorrect... I was just sitting down to read my book for 30 minutes (YES 30 minutes!), and then start making dinner.. when the phone rang.. it was a friend of Hamstersons... and they had 3 free tickets for PLAYLAND... and wanted to know if we would like to go. Ka-klunk! It was very last minute... well, thirty minutes lead time actually.. but i can do short notice... especially when you can ride for free.. so away we went, on the longest day of the year... and had a great evening at playland....

No comments: