Friday, June 09, 2006

Cheese and crackers!

Cheese n crackers got all muddy...... where the hell have I been the past couple of days?! I have been here all the time.... with the exception that I have been busy doing junk. Just junk, and nothing more than anything than junk. JUNK. JUNK. JUNK. OK.. and the saddest note... I have not accomplished anything worth speaking or computering about... I have learned some things though:
  1. A long time friend has a new love interest. Very exciting I must say!
  2. I scrapbooked almost a million pages for the Hamsterson's scrapbook, OK, it seemed like a million.....
  3. I drove a whole heck of a long distance to deliver a friend a wedding shower gift, when in actuality this friend lives about 3 1/2 minutes away... it's just that the wedding shower was way out in the middle of nowhere.
  4. It's the stalkers sisters 16th wedding anniversary today...... when I called to wish them a happy day... she stated "oh lucky me... he's not talking to me today....". Yes, wedded bliss.
  5. The Hamsterson has grown too much all of a sudden... our eyes meet one anothers now.
  6. I did play the piano for the stroke group this week... I named the game... "Name that tune..... if you can". Meaning that.. if it was recognizable to them. That was a brave moment!
  7. I bought the girl a pink baseball cap... and she has somehow become a backwards cap rapper chick. Now the little lefty is outside chucking and throwing the nerf football back and forth.
  8. I realized that the Hamstersons piano recital is on the sameday as his big field trip to Victoria. I then quite psychotically told him that he had to put his name in to be in the school's talent show. (In reality... he has been learning the same song since October... and he must share it with someone, if he can't share it with the piano recital people).
  9. I think the Hamsterson teacher should retire, he is tired and crotchedy and unapproachable and unreasonable and more words that I dare not type out any longer.
  10. I went out antkilling today. I filled my trusty spray bottle with dishsoap and vinegar. I don't think some colonies will be too pleased at breakfast time tomorrow. I used this same concoction to kill other transient weeds and morning glory as well.
  11. My lawn mower blade is in desperate need of sharpening... which is why it took me three passes with the lawn mower to pick up the clippings. Mind you, along the way, I did find another five spots where I had ant hills developing. I have never ever seen this amount of ants around here... it's a good thing that the husband has rebuilt the back of our home.. it should give them something to munch on for the next number of years.
  12. The Hamsterson's braces will be leaving his mouth fairly soon. I took him today to have them maneuvered.. and they have started filing them all nice... and even. He looked even more handsome today... with his hair cut just around his ears.
  13. At the end of the day the Hamsterson was not so handsome... he was heartbroken. Yes, clearly heartbroken.. and when I inquired about the day... (since he only spent 2 actual hours in class... since him and I went shopping after the orthodontist... he he he he he....), the poor sensitive guy broke down into tears... momentary tears that is... and it had everything to do with the fact that the teacher is tired of teaching this noisy, chatty, ultra-social, loud grade 5 class. Now they do not get to have a year end BBQ, or something fun to do with the marionettes they have been busy building for the past number of weeks. The Hamsterson was heartbroken, and clearly confused as to howcome the actual trouble causers can not be punished, rather than the whole class. This has been going on all year... with the same trouble squad, and then all the kids suffer... I am thinking that this message clearly isn't working, after all it is June, and there is only two weeks left of school.
  14. I think my mom and I have it figured out as to howcome her television doesn't work... it's not that she needs a new TV, it's the fact that she needs a new cable guy to come and install new cable at her house. OK, that only saved her 2000.00.... now that we are all into HDTV... and all.
  15. I can not believe how hard it PISSED with rain yesterday. The most unbelievable part about yesterday was the fact that I believe that I was having a good hair day.... yes, I, the ultimate in owning 556 bad hair do's in one year... was actually having a good hair day... well, that was until I went to go and get some gas, and then saw the Hamsterson's piano teacher.. and talked with her while not pumping gas... and when I did eventually get back to the task at hand... I looked in the window of the truck, and was frightened by the fuzzy mass whirling above my head. SHIT! I haven't owned a good hair day in about 14 years... and this one was gone in about 15 minutes.
  16. A day isn't complete without having to worry about the lovely and silly catdog.. she started squeaking the other day.. like the time when she squeaked when she had a bulging disk that cut off the feeling to her back legs, and it took many dollars to repair her.
  17. All is quiet out in the back yard... they have been playing badminton up until now.. and kicking around soccer balls.... up until this very second.... when someone kicked the ball at the husbands face... and bent his glasses. I am glad that the dog has quit squeaking now.
  18. The silly catdog is tired for the day... she keeps running to me, and checking to see if she can come in and lay down in her basket yet. But, since she is a silly german shepherd catdog afterall, she will not come in... as the husbandman is still outside.
  19. I left a note in the girls planner this week about music. The girl was refusing play a song on her much hated recorder. The teacher insisted on retesting her on this "magical" song. The girl continued to refuse. The teacher then left me another note in the planner, about RE-RE testing... which I ignored. ((OK... the recorder should not be in the musical instrument category, but rather, a musical annoyance)).... anyways... I proceeded to tell the tale that music is a gift, some people have it, some people don't. Also, that I wasn't surprised that the PIP had no interest in her recorder song, as it wasn't coming from inside, but was continually being asked of her, which the PIP had no interest in. I suggested that the teacher test her on small parts of the music, to keep the fear level down, and I did wish her good luck. (There was a big thick checkmark through the note). I am really thinking that the teachers are sick of me...... although I have worked hard at trying to be kind.
  20. The gas oven fixer fellow came over the other day. I handed him a cheque for one hundred and thirteen dollars, and he was gone in 23 minutes. He had a big smile on his face when he left. I had more of a deer in the head lights sort of deal going on.... I even got to wave at the neighbour guy, who was busy doing home repairs and giving me the thumbs up as the guy walked to his van..... and speaking of neighbours... Mr. Vancouvercop was busy riding around on his 1945 Massey Ferguson red tractor the other day... after his wife helped him start the thing... he needed to take it for a cruise... around the crescent.... you see, you never know when you might need the use of a tractor in a residential neighbourhood, or, more importantly... for the copman, he needs it for a lawn decoration...
  21. Here it is Friday night... and I am out of vanilla syrup that is used for my London Fogs... well, I will start the list over again... for next week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

No vanilla syrup? Have some wine!

Susan said...

Vanilla syrup sounds like it wont be going anywhere near my proper English Cuppa tea!

By the way, I am very curious about the long time friends romance? Please do expound on the matter!