Wednesday, June 30, 2004

Feel the freedom;

School is done, and locked up tight.
Now the kids can be up late every night.
Time is not an issue, as our clocks will no longer exist
We will remove our watches from each or our wrists.
Clean clothes and lunches are no longer a worry
No longer do I own the words "C,mon we need to hurry"
The rules have changed for the summers events
I am in charge of the time that computers and games will be spent
The choice to play, read and think will be priority one.
They of course will say that is no fun.
It's just a little experiment that I plan to put to the test.
This change for all, is for the best.
I want them to feel the day, as each hour unfolds
and how each day will bring them their own pot of gold.
I want to get up and be able to decide.. where will this day take us,
and what direction will we go for a ride.
So diligence on my part, to stick to my deal,
and not cave when the behaviour is unreal.
Not so much the boy, although he is addicted to all his electronic toys
It's the girl that will be the issue, and her howls will bring me no joy!
Without the competition of TV's, playstation controllers, and computer games,
The kids will actually listen, when I call their names....
As our summer unfolds we will hunt for our summer kingdom,
And rejoice in the moments that WE will all feel the freedom.


No comments: