Sunday, June 13, 2004

The Deed Has Been Done:

So, it's the end of the day... and the kids are asleep... the dogs are locked in their designated spots, without a peep. I sit alone in the kitchen, and pluck away at these keys... nattering away at whatever I please.
So I've decided that Costco is the place that keeps me connected with odd people... as I walked along, this women and I had a conversation about life in parking lots.. and as we entered Costco we went our separate ways. Then... it happened again.. I had a box of chips (the stuff in the goodie bags type, for the girl's birthday party)anyways, I wandered up to the checkout with my one lone box. So the lady in front of me looks at me, then looks at my lone item ... and then immediately averts her eyes in another direction... the whole time I willed her to look back at me... I almost thought about waving my one box at her, and just say HI. It's nice to be nice to people who going out of their way to not be nice to you. So I waited........ think nice thoughts, think nice thoughts, think nice thoughts... I said to myself as I stood in line... maybe the lady doesn't know about courtesy items.. you know the quick dive in front with the one item... but the invitation has to come from the person who is the person at the head of the line.. so it never came... and poof... all of a sudden a costco girl opened up the line right beside me... and I never saw it coming... so there I was, next in line to buy my one box of chips.. as I walked past the lady still in line... I smiled, and waved my box of chips...
The girls party went very well. I am glad it is done. Well except for the fact that almost everyone showed up at about 1:15..... I am certain that the two invitations I wrote out had 1:00 written on it. All the same... it's all about making the pink princess happy... and she kicked and punched and ran around and broke her already broken board... as they all did, and seemed to enjoy it. I have a feeling the only reason the kids actually come is so that they can take home a goody bag... now I'd like to know the person that invented these little numbers as I am sure has already lost their life... because I know there are many people around the world that would take this person out... if they knew who it was !!!!!! Why do we have goodie bags.... there has to be an answer/reason. A simple thanks is all it takes... do we then send a note back thanking for the goodie bag... and the goodie bag recipient then sends a note back.. when does it stop... before you know it.. we have posties all over the country running to peoples mail boxes with little envelopes... UPS people no longer carry parcels... but carry cute little cards.... I can see the stars crashing and galaxies colliding because of the goodie bag hassle. I wont be the first person to stop... I don't want all the kids looking at me as the evil mother that refused to follow the leader in this instance !!!! You know.. I have things to do.. but I am just not going to do them...because this is Sunday... and I don't do things that I am supposed to do on Sundays.... somehow I give myself a day off from obligations, and because it's now 1045.. and I have missed Real Renos.. and I love these two guys that are on camera... because they are so REAL! With a hug and kiss, and a whisper good night... See you in the morning as I shut both their doors tight. D.

No comments: