Friday, June 25, 2004

Why is that I do what I do???

I took my three kids to Tae Kwon Do.. well I only have two, but the third is our good friends.. and she just comes along like she's one of mine... besides I like her... she listens. Anyways, I went to a Black Belt Ceremony this evening. Interesting. I wan't invited, and the kids had to sit through the testing... which was a bit boring... nothing like when my boy first started TKD....anyways, I wanted them to watch the ceremony.. which made me tear up... just the simple words that Master Lee spoke of: your are my son, you are my daughter...and rat ta da ta ta .... and they had to sit on the floor... (NO CHAIRS!!! I DON'T DO FLOORS...) anyways, the parents were invited, and the Black Belts had to do some kind of bowing down, and their face touched the floor, like they were kissing it.. and I wondered to myself.. what are these blackbelts saying in their heads... that "everyone is staring at my behind.. and I am not saying some chant/prayer, but worried about my ass sticking up !!!!" (I was confused about this, and at least had the tact to not ask). All the same, it was interesting, and I wanted my oldest to see it.. because I see my oldest as someone who will become a Black Belt one day.. (not tournament material.. but rather the discipline and self-respect that grows inside) and these fellows (and one girl) are just people that I would like my son to be associated with. And that was it, they all went off to some restaurant for a feast, and we went to Dairy Queen. Raw Raw us!!!

No comments: