Sunday, June 27, 2004

Walking in all kinds of directions;

This morning I took my new runners for a walk out on the dyke. It was just me on my lonesome, I couldn't convince any other part of the family to come with me... and that didn't include the dogs, they were not invited. I will thank the Big Guy for my amazing (and yet uneventful) adventure. I can't figure out why the person on the horse could not make it move, or the lady with the regular looking sandals wore the ridiculous black socks.. or how come the man on the bike was not going to answer questions until they got to the park, as stated by him, and overheard by me. Now this puzzled me... am I to go the park to ask questions, or have them answered...? I almost spoke to someone while walking...(other than helloing people) only because she cut in front of me to run past me.. I almost turned and sniped back, (as my new runners forged on, good thing)...walk like you drive !!!... But then I would have to assume that she could drive.. and from what I witnessed she looked like she was just having trouble running ! Maybe she wasn't sporting new runners, or her underwear didn't fit... anyways I just kept going. As I continued throughout my day.. I ended up at Safeway. My runners had taken me a number of places.. but that isn't part of this story. So, I am just about to unload my groceries... and this vehicle want to park next to me... so I push the cart forward.. and the vehicle backs up.. and then moves over a bit, parks, opens their doors.. and they proceed to leave. So I am staring at the man and woman that get out of the car.."oh, did I leave you enough room" she asks, "yes, fine" I say... as I continue to watch her every move.... She is clearly looking at me if I am nuts, and the look is reciprocated.... because, what is she leaving in her locked up tight car, on a beautiful hot Sunday afternoon, but two black poodle's IN THE VEHICLE. So I stand there, in silence and watch her hussle away... my feet are getting hot in my new runners... (I have no collar on my shirt today).... So now I am hugely pissed, once again... some stranger adding grey hairs to my colour treated grey haired head. Do I walk away in silence... or do I follow her... my runners were uncertain of a RATIONAL decision... so I slowly put my groceries away.. and then I decided to leave her a note. I thanked her for being considerate about leaving me enough room... but then I asked her to be considerate of not leaving her black dogs, in a sealed vehicle, in the sun on a hot day... now that would be considerate.. oh, and by the way... her front right tire was flat.... and then my runners would not let me leave. I decided to wait and see how long she was gone for... I would say... she was gone for about 10 minutes... and then I saw her coming out of the store.. as she walked up to a mysterious note on her windshield... and that's when my new runners stepped on the gas and took off... because as you know.. I was parked next to her...

No comments: