Monday, June 21, 2004

Without obligations...

For the first time in a (seemingly)large number of months, the clothes are folded AND put away. Yes, it's true. Of course that does not include the ones that are still in the washing machine waiting to be washed, those are automatically excluded due to the fact that they still have dirt attached to them. Secondly I am not including the "unknowns".. meaning the pieces of laundry that are lost in people's bedrooms......well of course there is already "tomorrows" clothes that will arrive in the morning, I'm not counting those either. Laundry magically appears.. and why is that?? Is it because of our obligations to other matters in life that divert our attention? Why is it that laundry consumes much of our thoughts..... somedays I judge how good my day has been in accordance to the amount of laundry I have tended to... along with the other errands that happen in life,... but don't seem to count, or get forgotten. I was at work for the greater part of the day, picked up kids, took one to physio, vacuumed, did dishes, kind of made dinner, collected and took out the recycling, practiced the piano...and for the first time in a long while.... there was no more baseball. Hence; the grand fold unfolded before my eyes ....and why.... without obligations.

No comments: