Saturday, June 12, 2004

Another Saturday in Paradise:

I survived another day at work. Nothing too extreme.. the phone was annoying, the people I worked with were great, I didn't have any hysterical departments calling me about useless notations about how things should be done. We even bought a bunch of 649's.... hey... instead of writing this I should be checking numbers... always in the wrong place ! Well, the boy is insistent that I watch some BC Mysteries show... I may learn something,.. better go..... Not a bad show... interesting to hear about CANADIAN history for a change.
I have decided that I am a friend loser. Not in the true sense of the words before me, but rather a person that makes friends... just to lose them. I have had so many people wander in and out of my life.. I am surprised I have kept the same husband for the last 13 years !!! I don't even want to begin to recall the friends/faces that I have said good-bye to. The last one just moved to Ontario.. I will never see her again. The next time I begin making friends with someone, I will hand out an application... where are your from.. and do you have any interest in leaving... if so... move on to the next person !!! The invention of this e-mail has been remarkable in maintaining a wirefilled friendship... Ontario has swallowed up a number of my pals... they eventually stopped writing/calling... but now.. these people are still at my finger tips ! Hooray ! There are some days that I just begin to talk.. and the fingers pound out stories and anecdotes that are simply... beyond help !!!
So, back to today.. and work. The moons must be in the correct positions for me right now.. because the wierdness factor that follows me... has simply come to a crashing hault. Which is highly odd for me... like I have written before I am the magnet of all magnets for wierd people finding me... if someone is out there and has a stupid question to ask... and I will say.. people do ask stupid questions... they will duck the 5 booths before them claiming "Ask the Stupid Question Here!!"... Noooooo, the will dodge the line and find me... although.. now that the memory is warming up.. I did tell a lady today in about a dozen different ways what time her husband would be back from his test. I wasn't quite certain how many times you can say... he left 15 minutes ago, and the procedure generally takes about 45 minutes, so he will be back in a hour. I am just not certain... how many ways can you tell a person the same information.. without it getting very confusing after a while !! I almost got confused.. that last time I did the math.. if you have 45 minutes and then you add 15 minutes.. it usually adds up to an hour... but maybe with all this new math now.. maybe it's something different !!! So I had a fairly boring day at work... I have decided that I will never quit my job... since I have been working almost every single Saturday since the invention of Saturdays.. I would probably breakdown, because I wouldn't know what to do with myself for the 12 hour portion of the day.... I could never go to the mall... because there would be lineups.. and I don't do lineups... someone with a fuse as long as mine... is not allowed to do lineups... I mean a millimetre is just that ... one millimetre.. and that is the fuse that I own. I tried exchanging it once... but of course ... their was a line-up.. and all the longer fuses were already taken.. there were just shorter ones left. So I knew to leave a good thing alone !!!! Besides... I think I have a longer fuse than my sister. That already is a good thing... Now that I have thought back on the day.. I have already claimed to have a good day.. it was the people around that I got to witness having all their wierd moments... since I am a people watcher and all.... (with a bit of a memory lapse issue !!) There was this kind of strange... no wait a minute, that's giving her too much credit, she was bloody strange... and with an attitude to boot. Some woman from Occupational Health and Safety came to fit the nurses with TB masks.. she was just so abrupt. She didn't get two words past me before I shut her down.. it was before eight in the morning, and she was barking out orders... I'm sorry, who are you again??? Of course that just frosted her pony tail !!!!
Interesting, I bought a bowl of "Hearty" chicken noodle soup from the, I guess, awful little coffee shop downstairs... I was kind of chuckling at lunch, as I peered through the yellow murky liquid to the bottom of the styrofoam bowl, and found one rotini like noodle, and a tiny chunk of chicken, my guess is, it got in their by accident.. or all the hearty soup eaters made it to lunch before me...those lucky people ! Maybe next week will be my turn for the hearty soup... today I could have saved my money, boiled up the kettle, and added... let me see what's yellow on our unit.. well orange juice would have worked... I'll have to remember that for next week.
Tomorrow is the girls birthday party. I sort of put together a party for her. The guest list was a bit of an issue. She has had the absolute misfortune this year in being a class that has evil little children in it. I want to know... was I that nasty when I was 6 and 7 years old... I couldn't possibly have been.. I mean I let people walk all over me now... and I am kind of old.. I probably didn't even notice when I was that age. Anyways, I let her invite the kids that she went to parties to, or that she talked about.. ok, so the kids came from the first list. I must have asked her 3,4,5,6,7,8... times... do you want to invite... @@#@#$%^... no, not her... no thanks. So now, I have had 2 cancellations, 1 mother that simply didn't give me an answer when I gave her another invitation... because I had to change the time, after I had given them the first invitation.. thank goodness for computers !!... and I haven't heard from one set of parents.. and the thing is... I had to give out invitations twice in one week... they had my phone number and e-mail.. and still no response. Oh, and the other is who she claims is her best friend in her class... she speaks Korean.. so do her sisters, so does her mother... so, I had to call and talk to her on the phone... which is silly.. because I can only count to ten in Korean... and tell you what a round-house kick is, or say thank you grand master for teaching us... I'm working on the limited Korean lingo here.. ... but then I started talking food.. and the mother new right away where it was that she was to go... I mean I was beginning to get desperate for party kids... I couldn't take the chance to lose another one.. I was even thinking of calling the Grand Master from the kids Tae Kwon Do school to talk to her !!! We'll see tomorrow if all my slow english speaking ways help... because of course I know that you can totally understand another language if you speak it really really slowly... !!!! oh,,, and I tried not to yell... that helps with getting the words to stick in your head... I can't wait one day to travel to Korea.. I am certain they will speak slowly to me and yell. I will pick it up in a matter of hours I am sure..... well, my day had been more than this, but this is all that I care to type about.. what I really want to do is go play my candle in the wind.. I photocopied the music today, so it is much smaller, since I have taken the bookshelf out of the living room, it is hard to attach the six foot long string of music to the side of the bookcase, and then balance the other edge of the paper on the sill of the door. Perhaps this complete brainwave will help. Over and out, D.

No comments: