Thursday, January 29, 2009

What's going down...

In my town.....

I've been to the dentist this morning, for my quarterly cleaning. I like the gal that cleans my teeth, she uses the watery wand... and I like that ten thousand more times than the 'inside-the-head-screaming-scraper'. Yes, yes I do. She will be leaving on maternity leave at the end of April... and then gone for a year... (Yes all of my American readers... a whole year.... for maternity leave.......)

Then, upon leaving the little parking lot, I turned right, and then left, and then left again, drove through another parking lot, turned right, and drove home. The lineup inside Starbucks was too long. I could have just turned left out of the parking lot from the dentist... but you know.. I needed a detour. What a moron. Not 15 minutes later I had made myself a lovely eggwhite scrambled egg sandwich, with just a touch of old cheese on wholewheat toast. I was giddy with excitement. But then I needed to make coffee.

I am stuck on this at the moment...

Should I: just go buy a new freakng coffee machine from Cost.co? (which would free up the actually machine part to give to my sister, who says their machine doesn't heat the water very well).

or~

Order a coffee pot from some place (definitely NOT OSTER... because they do not supply glass coffee pots... oh no they do not.....), but they have to order it to. I forgot to ask the guy yesterday about how long they take to order....hey.. I will call this second...ok, thirty dollars + taxes for the coffee pot, and then still extra if I get it shipped to me. OR... just drive 5 minutes away, pick out a coffee maker bring it home, make coffee, stop fussing.

Hmm.... what's obvious here?

Moving on....

That boy of mine is going to do me in. I was quickly hissing and flailing at him the other day when he walked through the front door of our home:... as he walked home in the bitter cold, in the snow/rain, in a track jacket. He has a perfectly good rain/winter jacket... that Oooopppss... yet again he has left lying in his classroom.... yes, in the classroom, and not his locker.... a perfect opportunity for it to grow legs... hence the hissiness from me. I told him in that instant since he was not responsible, he wasn't going to have his x.box. It's quite simple, or so it seemed..... Him and his friend bee-lined into his room... and after several moments of chatter he came flying out of his room, and barged his way into the livingroom. With a face as serious as a 1940's mobster he started practicing his piano. His big song on the go right now is Bohemian Rhapsody.... (and since he doesn't spend a lot of time practicing, but rather just letting his fingers dance along the keyboard, and find 50 other things to play.....) he decided that he should practice.... and SING. The first words out of his mouth.... MaMA!..... and then he made the words up as he went along... he didn't mean to forget his jacket, and please don't ground him right now... he will bring it home tomorrow... Imagine if you will this crazy boy...playing his Queen music, singing me an apology...., since I like this boy of mine, I am a pushover. Just to make him practice a little more, I told him to sing me the apology again... which he did... which bought him his xbox xtravaganza fun filled hour back....happiness for both of us. He did remember to bring his jacket home yesterday... we wouldn't want another close call like we had on Tuesday to repeat itself.

And finally....

The non-work-a-holic-girl that I am just might be coming after me.... after all. Yes people, believe it or not....I may have just had a job finally drop in my lap.

I. KID. YOU. NOT!

I am happy that my nonworkaholic self has slowly ridden that slow long scenic route... but I think the train is finally going to make it to the station and offer up it's load: Another job! Just what a woman that has no brain wants... another paying job, on top of the two she already maintains, and the 1o zillion that herself, and the rest of the mothers/wives out in the world already have.... but I will take this third paying job.... as it is the ONE that I have been riding the rails for, for a great long time.

Well... I am off to go coffee pot shopping now....

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well............did you get one? Or do you want to borrow my glowing white one for a while????

Debbie1

Chaos is my Life said...

What's going to happen to "the group"? Should Grandpa start up his own?!

Cuz you know...without "the group" he does pretty much....nothing.

Deanna said...

the group is still good....grandpa will still have something to do.. and you know... he chats away at our little group... so that in itself is quite nice!

Deanna said...

Oh... and miss Debbie 1 ( I went out and bought one... I caved... with the expense of a mere 15 more dollars I got a new machine).