Friday, April 11, 2008

What else do I have to say....?

I should have made a Friday list... I have a million things to do... as do the rest of the people on this planet.

So far THIS YEAR I have noticed that the people that chronically call for household items & clothing have stopped. This greatly saddens me as I have little bags stashed all over my house with household items & clothes waiting for a new home. I am just about to take them to a new home myself if these people do not call soon. I wonder where they are.... they ALWAYS call??

OH... speaking of the boy... a couple of posts ago....

I helped him with his homework last night. We spent a couple of hours doing his homework... it was MATH. At first this kid woulnd't even pick up a pencil and touch the paper. I did it & made him tell me what to do. I was painful. I think the first 10 questions went along like this. I eventually handed the pencil over to him, where he started writing out his questions. This was a brave move. THEN... the questions changed, and that was it... he wouldn't do it. I am not certain if he wouldn't do it... or just couldn't.. which seems like a wierd assessment. I CAN SEE where he gets himself into trouble. HE THINKS TOO MUCH.... which makes him FREAKYFRIDGEMAGNETS very slow. So slow that forgets where he was at with the question. This is algebra now, and there are 'THE STEPS' to perform. (Which is work, which he can't handle, which is wierd). He's wierd. I am not sure where his electrical currents take him when he thinks about math, but it certainly the long road home... because he doesn't have it in the firecracker department in thinking skills with this stuff. GAWD. Anyways... we worked at it, and worked at it.... eventually he put the pencil to paper again, after the shift in questions, and even WISHED to complete the questions on his ABSOLUTE lonesome after a while. I was not allowed to move away from my seat while he tried this task mind you. We must have done 30 questions. By about the 27th question he was feeling like he understood it. I think we needed to do another 30 for him to feel comfortable. I turned the page over, as there were more questions... and the wording for the questions had changed again slightly. OH GAWD... I couldn't do anymore with him...

I find out this morning that the math homework wasn't due until Monday. Just my luck!

No comments: