Friday, April 11, 2008

The Wave...

I waved someone through in a coffee line up the other morning. The lady had rightly turned into the cramped parking lot, and I drove through the other way in an effort not to sit on the street to wait my turn in the parking lot, when it became (maybe could have been) my turn to turn... I waved her to turn... in turn... I had my coffee bought by the time I drove up to the window. The person in front of me had bought my coffee, and said it something to do with "the wave". Well isn't that the nicest thing going?

Talk about good karma people... now I have to pass it on in my travels....which I will.

In other things that happen....

I folded 120 cranes the other day for a crane project. That was all good.

I finally talked to the boys teacher. It has been a game of tag. I like this new teacher of his, she gets him. I do not remember a time when I went to school that my parents talked to a grade 7 teacher.... I just don't remember that... I am not even sure they did that WAY BACK THEN. We have made some changes at home for him, and a few small changes for him at school. ONE piece of information e shared came as a surprise to her & something as a surprise to me. AS we were talking about his work habits... she commented that he doesn't try in math. Wont do it, wont try, the second she walks away, he stops working. I suggested the fact that he is completely STUNTED by numbers. He doesn't get, doesn't understand them, and the biggest thing... they are too much work, so therefore under THE BOYS THEORY ON LIFE, and his WORK habits.... he just doesn't do math. She was shocked, she said that she just thought it was laziness, not actual inability. Starting Monday he will go to the resource teachers room for math. To my surprise as we were chatting away... this teacher also commented that he's one of the brightest kids she has, but the real beauty about him was his ability to get an A, but also has the ability to receive an "N" (for needs improvement") in his work habits. She said that that takes talent! She informed me that most of his teachers had the same thing to say the same about him. Smart, but doesn't work. I think that can be said for many kids out there. Complicated, and yet not. The only teacher that didn't have any problem with his work habits was his drama teacher/art teacher. She loved him. Gee, what a shock. Hopefully the couple of small tweaks that we have done in the boys life will encourage/enable him to work a bit harder. JUST a bit!

No comments: