Sunday, April 06, 2008

Springbreak homework.

A couple of weeks ago we had SPRING BREAK. (please refer to the non-important space filling complaints about the weather)....

On the day that THE PIP came home from school she claimed to have some homework to do... and she had it deeply hidden in her ARCHIE comic box. Well, being the queen of memory related problems... guess what... I forgot...

WELL...

Kind of forgot...

That was not before I told her that she did not have to do a project over springbreak... she was on holidays. I was on holidays... we were focusing on doing springlike adventures as well as dodging raindrops... not trapped doing projects for school.

Last week I went to chat with the amazingly boring, but actually really nice teacher that the PIP has. She reminded me that THE PIP had not handed in a project... and as I was out the door... she remarked that it was the springbreak project.... but you know I was already heading in the other direction, and my momentum didn't turn me around...

So tonight...and it's nearing 10:00 PM... THE PIP is finishing up her SPRINGBREAK project. Just a colour added to make a bluesky... and things should be accomplished.

Having a mother with no memory is not so helpful...

Thinking of other unhelpful issues...

I managed to find a ntice in THE PIP'S room that was for the class pictures... I barely managed to make a cheque out on time for that one.

In other pictures...

I wrote to LIFETOUCH the other day and thanked them for the BEAUTIFUL pictures of my daughter... and the BEAUTIFUL pose that they put her in, the BEAUTIFUL spring background, the BEAUTIFUL gold foiled picture & the remarkable price points. It was wonderful...however; what wasn't wonderful was the one thin long strand of blond hair that skimmed her nose, and sat just between her eyes.... and that is all I could see... were those three strands of blond hair.... and so it was all sent back.... I quizzed them on their environmental practices and wondered if this was truly a marketable form of business they were providing, as it troubled me.

There are bigger kettles of fish to fry, or eat, or freeze, or something like that... but that is all I can remember for this week... and for this moment.

When I have less of a memory lapse I may be back with more.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

C'mon! Where did the spunk go???
NICE teacher??????????
Homework on Spring break?
What happened to "There is not supposed to be homework on Springbreak!"
You did not take your vitamins the day you met with her!!!
Do we need an intervention?????
Debbie1

Deanna said...

I was out the door already heading down the hall when she said... springbreak project.... it didn't dawn on me until I was cruising through the hall about the no homework thing... by the time I remembered... I was already at the front doors... there was no turning around....