Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Great things!

I have been doing a quick scan around the Internet world & things are moving along for the blogging friends. I was especially happy when the young mother who underwent a double lung transplant has made it home. That news is incredible. Now they must wait a little further for their daughter to pack on some pounds so she can be discharged from hospital. A very warming story.



In other things... which I think would be a good start at list making:



  1. Oh.. before the list.. I am just going to say.... if you know someone that has had a stroke, or if you have had a stroke yourself, please make your way to a Stroke Recovery Group in your area. These groups do great things! I just got word yesterday that we will be receiving a laptop and computer software that will aid people with speech difficulties after their stroke. I am completely ecstatic over this... now my group can hold speech sessions every single week when someone arrives! With that... I need a volunteer to help me run this program... is there anybody out there that has FOUR hours to spare on a Monday?
  2. On that note... I put an ad on Craigs list for a volunteer. How about that!
  3. I took my computer back to the computer hospital... and I think I have all my USB ports sorted out. It is very exciting! Now I have FOUR plug-in-able ports to have fun with. The lovely HAMSTER son ruined my USB capabilities a while back...
  4. The bathroom needs to be cleaned... I just need a bathroom fairy to come along.
  5. I HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO HAVE TO.. make my Stroke Recovery posters for the local hospital/s. Now that I have my USB ports up and running I can plug in my picture maker printer.. and happily print away.
  6. I believe I should pay some bills... I stash them away into my 'cleaning up the counter' cupboard.. and then forget about them.. kind of sort of!
  7. I managed to fix up my front garden yesterday... all because my visiting friend GRACE wished to do some CANADIAN gardening. She is visiting from Korea, and in the city they just don't do things like this.
  8. Now I have to start the backyard... this could be real work.
  9. OH.. I found ANOTHER job to apply for.. with the City of PoCo... I will apply... but I am certain that I will hear nothing... but I do not fear.. I am used to that.
  10. I must go and clean the bathroom... really I should....

No comments: