Friday, April 25, 2008

the label lady.

I once upon a time gave some money to a charity, or two. That was it. I was very happy to help these people, as this association helps others, and they do good things for people that have hit the bottom of barrel in their own existance. It is a tragic state to be in, and while one can never say never, I don't think that I will ever get to this point in my life, I would hope. I also can not do much to help these poor lost souls, but I can give money, which is what I did.

Ever since that time, I have had mail from all kinds of charities. They are very generous in their gifts & offerings. Mind you, this does trouble me. The very fact that these charities mail me a letter (cost 52 cents), and then stuff the envelope full of cards and lately... millions of labels with my address on it. I am a label lady. I have enough labels to another three years of christmas cards... ( except Lujza.... she doesn't get christmas cards from me... they just ride around in the back of my car for months, and then get carefully placed on a counter for months.. and then they make it into my Stroke Group bag.. ((which is where i found it recently Lujza!!)), perhaps when I find her card again I should put a label on it... just because I can)... The wierd thing is... one day, some months ago I was actually looking at purchasing some labels... and little did I know that all I had to do was make one donation to a charity of my choice and I would get free labels for years. OH WAIT... they are not free... the charities that send me these labels are banking on my kindness, and that I should them a cheque back for my labels... hmmmmm. NOT! I don't work that way.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ahhh you always know how to make me chuckle!!!