Sunday, April 13, 2008

So... that is the weekend.

I had this weekend off as a VACATION.

It was refreshing and quite nice.

We even spent time together as a family.

That is something that happens very rarely. (Despite living in the same home & things).


Yesterday:
WE headed down to La Conner to see the tulips. It was the tulip festival... except the tulips hadn't hatched yet. So rats for that... I won't tell you how long we sat in the border line-up.. even though I said "let's go early!".... and we kind of did, but that didn't really work. The SOUPED UP FATIGUED border guy asked me why on earth would we sit in a line up to go look at tulips.... I said... "Shhhhhh......" The day turned out to be a great one... and I was even able to take pictures while moving... because the KING doesn't slow for homes to sit still and take portraits of. He is not so KINGLY in that regard. We did end up driving to different locations and toodling around... and that was all good. It's weird doing things as a family...

Today:
The PIP and I went off to see Mama Mia... it was very very good. I am glad that she suggested we go. I had thought of buying tickets a while back... but never really thought farther than that... and then **POOF** she suggested it... and I thought it was a great idea! We left this morning, went for lunch, wandered around (sadness about the photo op gone forever!!!!!), saw the show, drove around VANCOUVER, and then returned to the WhiteSpot for some dessert, and then drove around Vancouver some more. I have to say... that PIP in her pink dress looked absolutely dazzling... almost like a cotton candy sales girl, but that she didn't smell, but just looked sweet. I coiffed her hair just so... and she just looked so lady like. I tell ya... I noticed the eyes dart in her direction, and one woman I spied just kept staring at her. YES people... she is my princess doll in real life. WHATEVER. She is glamorous and elegant... and why not take the time to look like that... I surely wish I would have looked as beautiful as she did today, when I was that age. SURELY. REALLY. TRULY.

OH.. and things that are funny....
A couple of weeks ago I probably nattered about taking a picture of the cutest AIRDALE dog in the world. I have seen him once since then... and as we were driving home today... I spotted an airdale... so I pulled the car over and asked the lady if she shops at SAFEWAY. AHA! The dogs name is INDIE. I am such a sleuth!

Back to real life starting... NOW!

1 comment:

Outhouse Capital of Canada said...

The Pink lady is growing up, you will have the boys hanging around soon, seem to have been through that at Stella Place.
It is a long time since we have been to Deception Pass, The water there in the sea is the coldest I ever stuck my toe into, toe was as much as I tried but Pat went in all the way there.
outhousecapitalofcanada.blogspot.com