Monday, November 27, 2006

Warm to the core.

My friend from up the hill will certainly attest to this next statement:

I have drank a glass of red wine, and am now warm to the core. It is time to start practicing my one christmas song... because one glass of red wine makes you an excellent performer.... especially with the ear phones plugged into the digital piano... I am a legend in my own mind.

In other things amazingly useless:

I believe that I accomplished not many things today. I even had the opportunity to, but I was not successful.

I did however shovel the drive at 8:00 in the morning, drove 3 children to 3 different schools all before 9:00 a.m. As I was dropping off the boy at his middle school, I thought to myself: he is one cute hunk of a child. It didn't help matters any that he was sporting a very lovely Canucks jacket with the colour blue enhancing those dazzling blue eyes that he owns. Then I hunted for winter pictures with the little digital. I made a bunch of phone calls that seemed pertinent to the current weather conditions, and thus continued to manage to cancel my Stroke Group today. I figured out that Windows XP does not burn onto DVD's. I was happy to finally figure this out. After that was done I stood in a hot shower for an extended period of time and shampood the currently fairly ugly locks. These locks of mine are fairly bizarro at the moment, and there seems to be no end in sight to the chaos that rides atop of this head. I eventually left the homestead, and sat in a very long line up at Tim Horton's. I decided that it wasn't worth wading through the mushy and icy parking lot for a cup of coffee, so I had to sit and wait patiently. Damn that patience! Amazingly I managed. I drove over to the mother's house, so that I could shovel her driveway. She had already had that accomplished. I believe that people were lining up at her door to help her out. I visited for a short while, and even managed to bring home 1/2 a dozen muffins that she had just made. I was going to stop at the most expensive grocery store but I didn't feel like battling bags, and icy parking lots and the cold, so I continued on home. I fuddled about with bits and pieces of laundry and dishes, and other boring such endeavours, and then eventually set out to collect the PIP. It was a beautiful day for a walk, but then I had to remind myself that I really hate walking in the snow. Well, it wasn't snow that I was walking on, but rather ice. Ice isn't fun to walk in. Once I was home I continued to do a final clean up of the driveway... as the king would not be happy if I didn't completely clean the driveway from white stuff. We don't want to make the king unhappy... not that he holds much clout, but rather he is a fixity sort of fellow.. and we would like very much for that habit to continue. The PIP was in a fowl mood as her playdate that she thought she had planned for after school didn't pan out. Somehow through the course of the afternoon plans had been changed.. so the PIP ended up playing with the fairly wonky child a couple of doors down. She politely excused herself after a while, so she could continue her fowl mood with me indoors. Me, being the loving caring mother only occasionally asked her to take her fowl mood into her bedroom, where she could reorganize it, and come out a new girl. During that time I fiddled with dishes and laundry, because you know.. I really wanted to feel complete. Her personality transformation eventually happened... but by that time I was going to collect the boy from his finswimming. When I arrived home the husbandman had appeared in the homestead, and was busy making dinner. You have to like that. Then the husbandman spoke to me. It was a most wierd experience. Which is why I am writing about it now. But I will stop.... as the piano is sitting waiting for my warmed up by red wine fingers to start plucking out tunes..... any minute.... any minute.... any minute...

If I was truly a good one.. I would start a scarf that I want to give to my mom....but that is only if I was truly good.....this red wine is giving me much false hope. It is best if I stick with the piano.. at least all the mistakes I make will be instantaneous.. and not gaping holes in a gift!

HA!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

he he....just as I was reading this post, I was taking a sip of MY red wine! Oh it's the perfect thing on a cold winter's night...well in my books anyways!

Stay off the ice and stay safe!

Susan said...

Funny thing is, I had a couple glasses my self last night. Must be a basic human survival instinct! When the mercury drops below zero, fuel up with alcohol!
Warmed my insides up!