Wednesday, November 08, 2006

In the deep dark night

This is what I heard............


MA MAAAAAAAA !!!

That PIPness of a girl was standing right next to me while I was busy sleeping, she needed to go to the bathroom. Her bedroom is right across the hall, but it's the "ma-ma" thing that just kills me... I immediately stand to attention, and walk ten paces then stand at the doorway of the bathroom. While I am standing there with my eyes closed I turn-off the hallway light.

MA MAAAAAAAA !!!

Oh sorry PIP, now there isn't any lights on. She learned the trick from me of putting on the hallway rather than the bathroom light, as it isn't so bright then. So hence the shriek in the darkness. I got her all settled, and she fell back asleep. So did I, until I heard:

MA MAAAAAAAA !!!

It was that lovely PIP calling me again, this time she had a scary dream. I settled her back down again, and stuffed and fluffed her with her thirteen trillion stuffed animals and life was good. While I was busy making the PIP happy in the darkness of night, I watched out of her window two fellow on bicycles ride by with garbage bags full of treasures.... somehow I don't think that this was sleepover gear at 3:20 in the morning.

No comments: