Friday, November 24, 2006

Clarification on the miles

I was talking to my friend the other day about the airmiles problem that I have. I told her that I was most disappointed in the airmiles for dollars amount that one would receive. Even the bonus coupons weren't really bonus coupons. Things weren't looking all bonussy for me, but I still went shopping anyways. I went looking for some sort of deals. I had made it to the freezer section and spotted all kinds of blue airmiles tags. This is what I found:

Buy ten participating products and get 100 airmiles. ( OK, I will admit... I do like the Stouffer's Lean Quisine, they were 3 for nine bucks...!!)

Then I bought 5 bags of perogies with 50 bonus airmiles, and it was the same thing for the frozen stir-fry vegetables. I made it to the bread section, and found that they had tortilla wraps, or what are those things called... some kind of round wrap flat thingys... anyways... I bought five packages of those, which earned me another 50 airmiles.

I made it up to the checkout counter and as I was in line I realized that I wasn't going to hit the minimum $200.00 for the 250 airmile coupon... I made it to $186.00.... so I had to quickly look around to find something to buy, to round up the figure to two hundred. Fortunately for me, I spotted batteries. The bill came to $202.00.

Ahhhhh..... a sigh as I handed over the coupon for the 250 bonus airmiles.

No comments: