Monday, November 06, 2006

That Boy.... again!

I love that boy of mine. He is sneaky... to a fault. But he will learn.. hopefully. My biggest concern in life for him is that he grows up a kind person, which he will.. I am sure of it.

I told him the other day that his aunt (the stalker sister), and uncle and "the boys" (his cousins) were going to Disneyland. It was a surprise for the boys, as the sister couldn't think of any other way to tell them that they were going, that wasn't going to upset the applecart for "eons" of time prior to the departure. I believe that would have been personal torture on her part. Right after I told the boy... he smiled, and said...."that is so exciting for the boys, they will love it there..... what a nice thing to happen to them...." Whether it is his age, or basically the person that he is... I was happy with his response, as it screams to me, that my boy can be happy for others, even when he hasn't lived that identicle experience himself.

In things that I hope he will learn... that he will get his homework done. I dropped off his "finswim" stuff today at school for him, and since I didn't have a clue which door he exited.. I went to his classroom. The nice teacher spotted me.. and had some "nice" stories to tell me about "that boy of mine".

The "other" teacher is having a hard time with him. He very kindly declines her requests to attend "success" club.. which I am thinking it is a place where they get homework done. I can't keep track with his homework... he seems to be on top of stuff, but I guess it is only for a day, then he falls behind. "That boy of mine" commented today that the "other" teacher scares him, which now leaves me to wonder if that's the issue. Oh well.. they will have to work it out..somehow...

In other things about "that boy"... the "core" teacher did manage a chuckle about "the boy" and all his girl friends every single lunchtime. She wanted to know what the deal was... and why they flocked to him.... ((and this is the complaint from the "other" teacher..... "that boy" was not making it to success club at lunch time...)) I am starting to see a connection here.... hopefully someone else does as well... in the meantime... since I just happened to be standing in the hallway today.. I came up with a gameplan for "that boy" and the "other" teacher.. and the "success club".... sometimes I am caught standing in the right place, at the right time.

No comments: