Saturday, July 23, 2005

A simple confession...

Last year... perhaps this approximate time.....we engaged in a holiday...I think, maybe kind-of. It turned out, to be a hellish time away... well for me that is. Nothing of absolute horror happened, nothing I say, nothing.... it is what didn't happen that made it truely bad. So bad that I said to my lovely and bewildered husbandman that I would never return to that little divit of a lake in the centre of nowhere. That was last year.

Guess where we are headed... this very weak. Yes, WEAK. WEAK. WEAK. WEAK. !!!

I caved when the Pip wanted me to go camping with the rest of the little family... and why... because I like the Pip, I like to do things that make the Pip happy... I would be happier though if she would stop strangling me this very moment with her very loving hug mind you. Chuckle, chuckle.

Yes, even the boy inquired, and the husbandman.... "Would I go camping with them?"... Let's just say I used to be a camper... kind of a camper.. OK, perhaps just a good sport at going camping... it was a little get away. I had patience back then. That was before the purchase of the parents motorhome. I have been forever ruined... I don't do tents.

Then..... it happened.. the husbandman offered me up a sale I couldn't refuse..... we would only camp for two days.. then we would drive up to his friends cabin and stay there... where they have running water and electricity, and actual tables and four structured walls, and a place where I do not need to crawl to go to sleep. SOLD. The place... back to last years hellish destination point where nothing really happened, but I hated it all the same. That was last year... it will be different this year.... I can already tell.

Oh, and included in this years bonus feature... I rented a quad-cab 2004 truck to toodle around in. Mr. Husbandman usually spends 2 1/2 days tinkering with the now 15 year old SUV in the driveway prior to any trips taken... and thanks to him that we do not break down... but I think at this point... I would like some guts driving up and around some hills. GUTS.. as in vehicular guts. There are some nice big hills that we need to overcome.... AND, the ever so GUTSY husbandman stated he was not tinkering with the TOYOTA this year.... I believe that I have already saved what hellish vacation this might turn out to be.. to be a little less hellish.

That's the confession of the hour.

No comments: