Wednesday, July 06, 2005

Not the 11:00 news.. but it works.

Now that I have straightened the keyboard, turned the chair and the monitor, fixed the mouse.. I am ready to begin. tap tap tap tap tap..... oh right.. this is not the 11:00 news, because what I have to tell isn't newsworthy at all..... but for all you lucky people out there... it's a bloggable mess....and it happened like this:
  1. Going with the adventure theory of having a clean slate with nothing planned for this week... this mornings adventure ended in a walk to the great Home Depot for a lightbulb. One single lightbulb, and that was it. The boy started on a tirade as to why we couldn't drive to the desired location... I told him to consider it the beginning of the great holiday.
  2. The Pipster was complimented greatly for calling Ellpee the catdog back indoors, due to running back and forth at the fence with the idiot dogs on the otherside. Ellpee is an idiot, but not that much of one to associate with THOSE idiot dogs... Elps the upside of idiot.
  3. I washed our duck/goose/swan/pheasant/bird something duvet yesterday. It says something when you take a bag of bedding to the drycleaners.. and the lady at the counter asks me if I want it cleaned, or would I like to have it really cleaned. Door number two please.... she then told me to take it home and do it myself.
  4. I listened to the lady at the dry cleaners.... I even managed to get the duvet cover washed as well... even with those scarey colours that could potentially run and bleed.. all over the light back cover.... but that did not happen... the only thing that happened were things getting all clean. I say clean with pride people.
  5. Last evening the duvet cover did not get put back on the actual duvet. That's alright.. I was still marveling at my handywork of not destroying a potentially very steep replacement cost that would have been required if I had screwed up. I have had people tell me horror stories....
  6. OH, back to number 2.... and the sweet Pip letting Ellpee in, while I was preoccupied in the bathroom with water running... after Ellpee had ran back and forth close to a hundred times.. in the back yard, in the dirt, and it rained enough for Noah last night.. because I was awake listening to it.....so, Elp makes it in.. then panicks as usual because she needs to find me.... and then looks for me... all over the house. I SAID... ALL OVER THE HOUSE... with beautiful rich deep dark sweet smelling wet and dirty paws she runs through the den, onto Pipenza's lavender coloured bed, and then in and out of the boy's bedroom, and then... finds her way to our bedroom... with the clean duvet cover just sitting there... waiting for someone to cover it up....
  7. That leads me back to number one.... and why it is that all of a sudden it became important to walk to the great HOME DEPOT for one lightbulb... which in the end, they didn't carry.

1 comment:

Chastity said...

Of course they didn't carry it...Murphy's Law.