Friday, July 08, 2005

False spring, fallsummer.

It has been very tricky living here on the West Coast basically since the start of 2005. I am not quite sure what season we have had, or are in. January might have been winter... but February, which technically is winter, was definitely summer. Then, I think we might of had a week of something that could have been cold in March, but then it turned to summer for many weeks. Which would be why I had planted by summer flowers in the very early spring... (big no no for those garden gurues..but we all have to break rules and give somebody something to talk about). But now that it has hit summer, it is definitely fall, it has to be.... there is a lot of stuff falling this summer, and it's called rain. I wonder if those watering regulations will still be in effect?

On that note... with the knowledge of what was in store with the weather forcast, that we were up against lots of rain.. I headed out into the great backyard.. and cut the lawn... and I can't believe what I did next... I put down more grass seed. A seemingly benign ordeal... with the exception that grass seed and July don't mix.. it isn't a combination that goes together here normally... BECAUSE IT IS TOO HOT. Normally. But since we seem to have a fallsummer on our hands.. I need to get this grass in place before fall begins... as it should be quite a scorcher.

3 comments:

Chastity said...

The weather is like that everywhere. I'm thousands of miles aways and ours is the same. My grandfather does very elaborate flower beds every year and made the mistake of planting during that tricky-hot March weather....he had to replant after winter came back and left again.

riskybiz said...

Here in the centre of the universe,(Toronto) we've had steamy weather and hardly any rainfor over a month.
We'll lend you some sun and lot's of smog if you want.
Grass Seed?

Ozfemme said...

It's cold, rainy and sunny here - all within the same half hour. Good luck with the growing of the green.