Friday, March 27, 2009

silence...

That is so unlike me, except that is what happens some weeks.

I would like to know how ultimately a single self-hugely boring person doesn't have the time to write one little quip. I just didn't.

It has been a rather disjointed week here on "the handley". The flag girl down the street probably thinks that all I do is drive around the streets for a living, giving her reason to raise her slow sign at me. She did start to laugh, when she saw me yet again... driving somewhere.. of course she laughed harder when I was turning the corner, waving and putting on lipstick, because I can do that in my whacko world.

Somedays I think that I get lost in a world of confusion, where the only confusion is just in my brain, and that is all. Perhaps that is the telling reason as to why I live in a dizzy fog.

After a dizzying day on Wednesday I did manage to rip out a bunch of 'defunct' bushes in the front yard, and clear away some winter debris. I have already been to the garden store scouting for some replacement parts. But of course they do not come cheaply. I think a small portion of my garden needs to be replace with a barrel. That will take care of the super dry soil areas, and the end to plants throwing themselves into death mode. Sorry plants... I didn't think that you would have keeled...

I also quickly got a lawn chair out to the back deck on as well. AFter a day of nothingness (well, not including the above & the below).. I wanted some real live spring sunshine on my face. I read my book... as I wondered where on earth my traveling/wondering son was in this little world. His school day ends only when the dinner hour has hit, and his stomach makes him come home. He is currently happy as a clam wondering about with his friends & his fifty pound back pack.

The Pippy found herself with another cold like sort of thing. It started off with a sore throat.. which she just got over two weeks ago. Most annoying. Actually what was really annoying was the fact that I sat in a walk in clinic for one hour and twenty five minutes, and then had to leave to return the loaner car that I had borrowed from Mazda... just to arrive back at Mazda at the strictly enforced time, just to find out at the service department had done some rearranging, so I could have the car until two PM. So I drove back from Pitt Meadows, back to the walk in clinic, where we proceeded to sit for another hour, just so we could get a throat swab & a prescription that I was told NOT to fill, then I drove out to Mazda again.....

I managed to get the Mazda5's windshield fixed, and some other thing that made going over speedbumps exruciatingly awful to the ears. The snowtires came off... so now I need to put some black magic on my tires, so they are shiny again. I like my rims.... it has been difficult staring at my indigo blue mazda5 without the nice silver rims.... all that black is too much to bare.

I was a good friend yesterday when I drove my friend out into the depths of SURREY, and visited the health authorities recruitment office. My friend just received her work permits so that makes it legal for her to work in Canada. It has only taken a year for that to come about. In the end, she emailed our MLA in Ottawa because the process had gone on too long, and there was a single piece of paper that she had mailed to yet again some place, and they told her it would take another six weeks to process. It was just after she emailed Ottawa, and somehow magically her visa papers were processed. So now she is legal... and on my way to do my next good deed for the day... we stopped in at her place of employment, where the manager has been holding her position since August. Now she can actually put on her nursing uniform, and work up a storm in the beautiful little hospital that somedays I wished I worked at.

I finally stopped in at the mall and bought some super shaver thingy gadget "as seen on TV"... let's hope it works! The Pippy is all about wishing to shave her legs, but is lucky enough to not have to... me on the otherhand... I am quite excited about this most intriguing gimicky gadget.

Just when I thought I would get some uninterrupted reading time in... both the chicklets announced that they needed my help in writing THEIR speeches. Both of them needed help in different ways. The boy has ten million ways to write an introduction, but isn't certain of the exact way to write it... and the pippy doll just needs a speech... on marshmallows, and fast, as it is due today... but in yesterday terms, tomorrow. In an effor to get the content on the page, she came up with the idea... she wished to educate her fellow classmates on 'marshmallows'... and I helped throw in the bits and pieces that make it more interesting than "white chemcial balls".

I have about thirty Canadian Cancer Society Kits to distribute today. This should be fun delivering them in the rain... oh-mail-man-me-Miss-Deanna.

I really wanted to put moss killer on my lawn.. as it needs it badly.. every so badly... that could be a job for later.. inbetween dropping off kits....

I have to remember to collect my nephews from school today.. and then wait around the pool for HOURS AND HOURS until their father arrives. That should put me over the deep end... waiting for people when you don't know when they will arrrive... it is incredibly taxing being polite when you really do not want to be polite.

I should probably fit a trip to the grocery store in here to round out my day... as it isn't complete without the usual trip to collect the constant five dollar 2 litre carton of lactose free milk.... which is what is aiding to grow my son taller. I am not sure what is causing the girl to grow.

Well... must start my next batch of kits......they aren't going to write on themselves.. and I did sign up to do the good deed...!

1 comment:

Chaos is my Life said...

I saw you, my crazy haired friend, driving down Oxford yesterday...or the day before...time passes by so quickly nowadays.

Hope you're well...despite the craziness!