Monday, March 02, 2009

A round in the crescent...

The clouds are rolling over the homestead quicker than gravy running from a boat. The crows are flitting about and soaring into the wind. I have always wondered if it's fun to fly in the wind (minus being encased in rivoted steel, more like on your own power.. as in birds).

It's a good thing that the PIP washed her hair this morning, and then I spent 15 minutes blowdrying it.... she has now entered the outdoor blowdryer... to bad for her cute "do".

I had the boy shave off his catepillar last night. He was quite thrilled. I made the husbandman help him, since he would not attempt this feat on his own accord. At least he will now he will stop referring to it as transplanted pubic hair. How adoringly awful is that? There is nothing that I dislike more than icky facial hair, that is all unkempt and uncombed. At least the Hamsterson kept his catepillar under control. Although there was't much to control.

I think I want to take my snow tires off. We had some snow last week... but it remained for the day, and that was it. I am almost certain that their services are no longer required... and I can put my silver rims back on, and stop looking like a ghost car from around these parts. I have seen many Mazda5's with silver rims out on the streets. You do know that Mazda fives are taking over the world don't you?

The girl and I watched "the devil wears prada" last night on CBC. I believe I was quite patient with it all. At the beginning of the movie... the commercials start out slow... but from probably half the way in, until the end, the sponsors want their kick of the cat, and every (seemingly) couple of minutes there is more commercials. I said to the PIP I wish I would have had the bright idea of actually renting the movie for her and I. Anyways... it was quite delightful watching her reaction to Meryl Streep, as the PIP is very used to her in MamaMia, and was quite taken aback with the difference in the roles that the actress played.

OK.. back to springtime.... the tulips are starting to pop up in my barrels, and the heather is blooming.. except for one.... I think it needs an H2O transfusion STAT. Although I think it might be too late. Rats.. now I will have a little hole in my front shrub spot.

On that note... must press on with the day....

1 comment:

LarryLilly said...

bulbs may have been a dinner for a mole while winter played out above it.

Yeah, our two week winter ended some time ago, the trees are in bloom then we get two nights below freezing, just to remind us that it isnt mid march yet.