Tuesday, March 03, 2009

It all started....

With the fact that I have no memory.

Well... that is a lie, as I have a fairly intermittent memory... one that can equal smacking a curling iron when the light turns off. So I have one that occasionally works. It's a beacon of hope, without the smackdown.

I did remember on Sunday that I should tell the kids that they have dentist appointments on Monday at 3:00 pm. OH.. but I didn't.

That was my last known thought of dentists until yesterday at approximately 1:17 pm.

I wondered around my little place of employment wondering how exactly I was going to get my children to the dentist for 3 pm.

I did recall that Pippy had her phone, but it wasn't charged, and that Hamsterson might have his phone, but probably couldn't find it, and oh ya... it probably ran out of battery power too, but that was if he even had it with him, as he never has that phone with him, except to download ringtones, and to take calls from his admirers.

I called the school. (which is an abvious answer, but this really is the tricky part....) I talked to the secretary, who was very nice, but made no claims that her attempt to locate the children would be met with success. I said to her "let's hope for the best". I also said that it was important to retrieve the boychild, currently acting like the happily wondering black lab pup. If he made it out the school doors on a nice warm almost springlike afternoon, there would be no telling what direction he might head in.

The Pippy wasn't a problem. If we missed her, I could cut her off at the pass, collect her and deliver her to the location without incident.

As luck would have it just yesterday... I called the school back, and asked the secretary if she had any success with collecting my children on my adsent mindedness part. Mr. Gramerica dutifully reported to the office in a timely fashion, was given the information, and promptly walked out of the office to stand and give his possee of pretty ones good-bye hugs. It was my exact timing of the phone call that the secretary had told me hadn't left yet... so I said to her... "get out there and yell at him.... exactly like a psycho mother would...."

Her response.... "I'm on that.... " and she slammed down the phone.

Coffee and flowers coming her way this morning.

1 comment:

LarryLilly said...

You have a future as a customer service rep for a large HMO.

LOL

like Pathetic-care