Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Chasing the sound.

I could this very minute be outside throwing green waste in the garbage container. I hear the truck outside of our home, but where outside is the real question. I hear it outback, I hear it outfront, I hear it from the side, but it still puzzles me where the actual truck is. I know that once I make the commitment to run around the backyard with the greenwaste container that I am going to have to haul ass to get it back into it's resting point in an effort to get things picked up. AND... even at that point I am not even sure if it the greenwaste truck, or the actual garbage truck. They are all big, and they sound the same.

Wait a moment....

I have sneaking suspicions that I do not have to go anywhere.... I think my greenwaste is filled to the brim... of which I did this two weeks ago.... just in case it started to rain, and I didn't get a chance to fill it before today.

On that note... the coffee is done!

3 comments:

LarryLilly said...

We have alleys here in Texas, which is silly but at times I understand. You keep the front street side pretty, but your utilities, cable, phone, cell, electric etc are out in a alley behind the homes. Also where you garages are and your trash. So if the loose dogs tear through the trash bags, the front of the homes are still neat, only the alley that is crapped on.

We get twice a week trash and once a week recycle. We use blue bags for recycle, black ones or 33 gallon trash cans for trash.

And the sound of the trash trucks are muffled and its important to know when since like today its blowing a gail 35 mph winds, and unless you grab your can, its down into the next street.

Deanna said...

We have alleys around here as well. Except our little street. I am not sure who the planning people were.... but some streets have alleys, and others dont.

We have a nice garbage system around here... if garbage can be nice. It's all big black bins and each week there is either the recycle or greenwaste. I wish we had recycling every week, and garbage every second week. Of course the exception to that is the fact that we live along a corridor where black bears loves to inhabit. This past summer a couple hundred blueberry bushes were planted in the field down the street, which will only attract more bears, so we need our garbage gone.

I agree that the front of the homes get the ugliness of the black bins, but they are all neatly stacked against the roadways, and the fact that they are uniform gins makes the appearance not so bad... in fact... it's kind of neat to look at.

LarryLilly said...

You learn a lot looking people trash. I worked for a rural town highway dept as a teen, and when trash day came and we were working on the streets, we could see what people were tossing away outside of the normal food scraps. Yeah, my across the alley neighbor doesnt recycle. He has two trash cans twice a week. I have a single bag, and at least two recycle bags.

I like those 100 gallon trash bins you have. had em in another state, they were great, and yeah, on trash day when they were lined up, it was sort of everyone showing they are just like everyone else.