Thursday, July 06, 2006

Life on a Thursday

Little did I know that the cop friend of mine really disliked me.... he tried to off me... and not off a cliff, but rather crawling up the mountain to get to the cliff. I kid you not. But he didn't break me... I made it to the top of the cliff... with my walking stick and my heart kerchunking along... but I wouldn't say give... well I almost said give when the hill got so steep I wasn't entirely sure I could get back down again... again, I kid you not. Thank god for insight on the walking stick situation.... man oh man. Then... once we reached the very top of the cliff.. I wanted to chuck my lovely and handsome Hamsterson over the edge... as he did not put the camera in the bag, when I handed it to him, and said... "PUT THE CAMERA IN THE BAG". I was choked... choked and choked again.. mostly because I knew that I was not going to be making this trek probably ever again... and I missed out on a trillion pictures. It was a nice view while we were there. I kind of dreaded falling back down the mountain... but I managed to hold onto that fear... because it seemed that I was the only one with that fear. Well actually... what I really had going on was the visual of me falling into some obscure location, and unable to get up, covered in bear crap and leaves.. and some poor scrawny rescuer person in navy blue would be given the ultimate task of rescuing the high strung crazy lady with really bad hair... all the way back along the trail. Yes, that colourful image played continuously through my head, until I had safely made it through the forest. Yae Me.

And then....while I was out....

I was sitting in my 16 year old white rusting SUV reading another book that I am not sold on, and watching the chicklets swim in the public swimming pool that they had all to themselves.

My friend called me on my cell phone... she just called to let me know that there was a big black bear waffling about the trail right by our house. Lucky me... lucky me, that the only thing that I was watching at that moment were some "dial-a-dopers" doing transactions in their big black mercury car. Nice... very nice....and some really ugly skinny women busy being their customers. I think I am going to write a letter to the city... something to do with the fact that we need to dig up this pool, and place it in a spot that is much more suitable of a location... yes, I will get on that first thing in the morning...

2 comments:

Susan said...

Isnt that nice? We just cant get away from it these days. And people let their kids out unsupervised on these streets and parks!
Way to go Mohammad, you climbed the mountain 'coz it was there? At least you had a policeman with you, so if you had ended up on your head in a crevase, he would maybe know the right thing to do!
A word of advice... NEVER trust the camera paking up to another person! Big mistake.

Deanna said...

Don't I know it! Crap... and here's the funniest thing...he had the scrunched backpack on his lap, all he had to do was drop it in...