Thursday, July 20, 2006

CRACK!

I have to love that PIP of mine. She is one tough cracker....

The other day she showed me the inside of her mouth. Well, that is once I got her eyeballs to stop rolling into the back of her head, and opened her mouth at an angle that I could actually see into. She was trying to show me the stubborn tooth that would not come out, but now had decided that it was going to be little bit wiggly. Much to my wierdness, there was her other tooth, creeping up from depths of her jaw, and beginning to protrude SIDEWAYS. OH, freakmagnets, I kind of had a little spaz. Only a little spaz mind you... all because I have been watching her teeth carefully, and they have all managed to find enough space in her face that would lend her a healthy and straight smile... much to my relief. But then I saw the tooth. RATS! So I told her that she just needed to get that very much anchored tooth out of her head.. and she set to the task. For two days she worked at wiggling that thing whenever I mentioned it. She even took supplies to her camp, just in case it popped out while away from home. The silent husbandman and I were out on the patio when we heard this yell "OW!!" from within the home. The PIP walks to the new laundry room door and shows us her handfulls of tissues.. "have a look at all this blood... just look at it all" she says, and then walks down the steps to show me her new kind of empty space in her mouth... " and the blood just keeps on pouring out" she says, as she stuffs another wad of paper towel in her mouth... she turns to walk back up the steps and through the laundry door, but stops.. "and you know the worst part, is when it made the cracking sound when I pulled it out"... and she walks back in the house to find her newest lost tooth a home for the night, before the tooth fairy arrived.

The next morning I ransacked the silent husbandman jeans... and gave her five bucks for her handywork, plus another five bucks for the tooth that she lost a couple weeks ago, but the tooth fairy kept managing to forget to arrive..

CRACK!

2 comments:

Susan said...

Tell Pip "salutations" from me. She is sure a get the job done type gal. Good job its out or her eyes may have gotten stuck that way!

Chastity said...

Wow...five bucks for each tooth!! The tooth fairy must be keeping up with cost of living.