Wednesday, July 12, 2006

And today would be....

I have found the computer. How lucky for all of us. I just need to figure out where I have been for the last number of days, now that is a challenge. Although, if I work backwards .. I should be able to retell some events.

  1. For starters.. I woke up this morning. A good start to any day really. I hunted for my book on the nightstand (where I put it last night after reading it)... I absolutely have to finish this book, I am not feeling very connected to it, so therefore am having a "long" read time with it... but I will perservere.
  2. Yesterday was a bit tediuous, I had another date at the dentist.. but this time it was the "cleaning girl", following that the boy needed his braces adjusted, so we had to make it to the orthodontist as well. I did not take the chicklets for their allotted chlorine time, hence the constant "chitter chatter let's attack one another" syndrome that most brothers and sisters are afflicted with in the summer time. Plus, we were at the mall.. where the boy believes that we should stand at attention for 3 1/2 solid hours, so he can stare at games. The girl on the other hand is following the good lead of her mother, and needs to own every single pair of shoes ever created. It turned out to be the boys turn to collect on the shoe gathering option.. and I bought him a new pair of runners, for the second time this year. Yes, this may seem a bit over the top and the generosity scale, compared to the girls "everything under the rainbow" footwear.. but she is a girl, with colourful outfits... so she must have the ensemble. I should note here that I however have gotten over the "shoe" thing for myself... I think the husbandman should count his lucky stars that I have two different size feet, and a foot that doesn't bend, which makes wearing high heels, open toes, sling backs, summer sandals, boots, slides, and flip flops a complete and total non-entity for me... hence the girls growing collection... I must live through somebody, since the boy only get's one pair of shoes on the "occasional" side. It should be noted also that the boy is the king of "pain in the ass" when buying runners. Believe it or not, he considers this type of shopping a valuable waste of time... where he could actually be playing his games. I did have to spell out to him, that he would not be playing his games today, in an effort to concentrate on the "ONE LOUSY PAIR OF RUNNERS" task. The last item on the list was then requested of him... to attempt to show his appreciation for buying him a second pair of runners this year, I asked him to walk around the store to make sure they felt right, and the ultimate request... he had to do it with a smile on his face, and not that disgusting sneer I had been staring at for the past hour and a bit. He managed... and the smile wasn't even crazy glued into place.
  3. The day before was not so challenging, and yet interesting... I was the designated walking woman (the originators movie madness mother had hurt her foot, so I was the stand in) for the boy and his haram of girls, if that makes any sense at all. In reality this was a movie party, where other boys were invited, but jammed out due to their inability to feel confident with a group of crazy girls. The Hamsterson mind you, didn't care... it was his dream day come true, a date with just himself and the television. OH, plus a group of girls, which seemed to have no impact on him. I came to be the walking woman, as I was to collect this gaggle of girls, which took about two hours.. plus stop at the store to gather junk food. When the day was done and over, myself and the actual girls mother walked everybody home.. which took another two hours, as everyone had to hug and say good-bye.... except with the boy. He had managed to connect with another 12 year old boy that was staying at the movie madness mother's house... so he was along for the walk, even though we live the closest to the movie event. Now the girl was cured from her boredom as she went to the pool for her daily dose of chlorine... with her friend.. which she was inflicted with chlorine for many hours.. including that they also had to go to their favourite swimming event "swimfin"... where the girl overcomes her challenges remaining vertical on this earth.
  4. The day before that brought no excitement...I spent the day at work, then came home in the knick of time to take the girl to the pool for a couple of hours where she had to endure the crazy and obnoxious girl from two doors down. I then watched the PIP endure this crazy chick tip her out of her pink inner tube, splash her continously in the face, dive down in front of her whenever the PIP attempted her handstands, and followed her like a bag of catnip when the PIP went to jump off the diving board. It was quite peculiar from my perspective.. so I finally motioned to the PIP to go into the deep water section, in the middle, and the crazy girl from two doors over wouldn't be able to torment her from there. I watched this the whole while I sat on the bleachers, trying to connect with my book. My impossible Soduko puzzle called to me louder than the unconnectable book.
  5. I wont talk about Saturday... I spent the day at work.. doing workish things, funny how that happens.
  6. Friday evening the King made some slushy pink girlie drinks... and there were actual grown up girls here to drink them. Even the census girl came knocking on my door... but I had to turn her and her census away from the pink fru-fru-ness... her and her census were intruders.. in a space where the census had already been filled out, but somehow the "snailmail" people were unable to deliver it....

No comments: