Thursday, July 06, 2006

I couldn't do this...

Yesterday we ventured downtown to see "Storyeum". The show itself was very good, although for the price (being the super cheap/thrifty person that I am), I am not convinced that I would be happy being a tourist and seeing this... and as I have just finished reading the book below...(and with a certain amount of insight as well).. I know that money doesn't buy happiness. Anyways... but this isn't what this is about... this is about PUBLIC TRANSPORTATION. Yes, I know ... there was no lead up...

Anyways....

The three of us find our way to the skytrain, and find three seats. The Hamsterson is temporarily happy, as he gets to complete view the ride from the back window. But the grass is always greener somewhere.... and he ends up sitting next to me, and then looking out the side window. Little did we know when we sat down that we had sat behind the monster with the cell phone. For thirty five minutes we sat and listened to the same story over and over and over again.... as she scrolled through her numbers, and kept calling people. I looked up at one stop and this man that had similar features of the devil glared at her.. I am sure that I saw horns peeping out of his thick dark mass of coiffed locks on top of his head, and a spike tail twitching behind him. I do not know how they treat a devil for a stroke... but I am certain his blood pressure was almost beyond the height of the pearly gates... after listening to this woman prattle on and on.

Two stops before our train exit, she bolts... leaving us in the billowing smoke from the overuse of her cellphone. Another reason why I do not commute... except in my vehicle.

1 comment:

Susan said...

Perhaps I am not too 'up' on transit etticate, but couldnt you have just got up and moved away?
Sounds like a great adventure on the whole!